The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Adult nurses - Jan 2013 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You see I had no choice in the intake.. What are you doing in that time? I think I'll just end up working :/ haha don't worry!

Wow we're going to have some full lectures haha. There has to be a few more.. I know our intake is smaller but that's ridiculous haha. Where abouts are you coming from then if you're not commuting in? (if you don't mind me asking)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Morning! It's a bit annoying that this site dosent send me notifications that you get replies and what not!

I spoke to a chap from the Cov uni student liason people, and he said to start a facebook group but make sure its well regulated, I think I'll give that a bash now. He said he can tweet it and pass it on to be tweeted further and the lecteurers would slap some things on Fb about it too, might find more folk that way!

I live in nuneaton at the moment but I'm hoping to move over to Cov as it makes more sense for traveling etc.

And yeh I think I'll just solidly work until we're called over, build up a bit of cash for the pens and books and what not!
Ive started a group with a new facebook profile (so i can carry on swearing and what not on my other one without fear of being told off by lecteurs! It's called ''Adult Nursing Degree - January 2013 - Coventry University ''feel free to join!

(i know, what a snappy title!)

The fella from Cov uni is going to spread the word about it and maybe drum up some members.
What are the entry requirements for nursing?
It has recently changed to Degree level so I had to do an Access to higher education course before i could qualify.

I think you need 5 GCSES (including eng, maths and science) and 4 A levels, but i may be wrong. I'm guessing it's different for every University aswell, better to ask them individually.
Original post by steveymurse
It has recently changed to Degree level so I had to do an Access to higher education course before i could qualify.

I think you need 5 GCSES (including eng, maths and science) and 4 A levels, but i may be wrong. I'm guessing it's different for every University aswell, better to ask them individually.

How did you find out that you liked nursing?
Reply 26
Entry requirements at Coventry are the gcse's and CCC at a level although they did say that might increase for next year.. You'd need to check the website :smile:

Reply 27
P.s. steveymurse.. I cannot find the very originally titled group! :frown:

Original post by Juliarrrrrr.
Entry requirements at Coventry are the gcse's and CCC at a level although they did say that might increase for next year.. You'd need to check the website :smile:

I got ABC and C at AS. Only science I got is Bio at grade C A2.
Oh? well maybe this will work?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/423612054342738/

And i dont know what got me into the caring profession, it's more of a life style than profession.
Mr Student,I suppose I do know how I found out as I've written it down 4 times for different applications and covering letters!

Basicly I've lived and breathed it for about 9 years and i know I can do better at a higher level.
Reply 31
Still no use.. Could you post it into the official Coventry freshers 2012/2013 or something please? I have a funny feeling that the student room stops links working or something

Reply 32
Oh and mr student, if you would like more of an insight into whether you would like it, go and get some work experience.. Local hospitals and care homes should be able to help you out with that.. It helped me a lot

Cor this student lark is already hard work! Hehe
Ahh awesome i will do, we might get a few people then! (by the way im gona use a new blank facebook until i get to know people at uni just because i like to swear and say inappropriate things on mine and i know the uni's look down on that!)
Reply 34
Haha! Not really I can assure you!
That sounds good.. Let me know when you put it on cos I swear the posts just disappear as soon as they're put up there! And let me know exactly which page cos I think there's more than one :s-smilie:
Haha I don't think you should worry about that too much.. Just don't be inappropriate on the group! People might get weirded out at a blank profile tbh haha

I put it on the one that says Coventry university freshers 2012/2013 and yeh... it has already gone? I've asked to join two more ones but not been accepted yet. Maybe i should just use my own then, i don't wana be branded the weird guy till at least the second week!
Ok I've made a new group with my real facebook! its called exactly the same!
search for:
' Adult Nursing Degree - January 2013 - Coventry University '

Or I dunno I'll let you know when i get into one of these other groups
Reply 37
I think I've got it!

Reply 38
Steve when are you going to appliy fro student accomidation
Reply 39
Farah111.. Fancy joining our Facebook group? :smile:

Quick Reply