57.14%
Thorpe Park (18)
42.86%
muffingg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Which one is the better theme park? Which one has the better rides?

Top Rides Alton Towers:
Oblivion
Nemesis
Rita
Air
Thirteen

Top Rides Thorpe Park:
Stealth
Saw
The Swarm
Colossos
Nemesis
A7d8i6l
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Been to both.
I'm going to sit on the fence and say they are both as good as each other although, Alton towers has its own hotel which has a water park also more spacious!! More acreage!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
pinkangelgirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I havent been to Thorpe Park in ages!! Would really like to go to either AT or TP for my birthday in a few months!
Billa Bong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
havent been to thorpe park once but been to alton towers more times then i remember, and loved each and every time
Mevans32
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always feel a bit bad for Alton Towers, both owned by the Merlin group, but the Merlin group are attempting to turn Thorpe Park into the white knuckle park, so Alton Towers aren't getting the same investment into thrill seeking rides, although I think it's still more popular as Merlin have resorted to giving BOGOF TP tickets away on pizzas sold in Tesco...
Boom Boom Pow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Purely on rides it's got to be Thorpe Park (was AT 5 years ago IMO). However as a theme park Alton Towers takes it.
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Been to both recently, the rides at Thorpe park are much better and more thrilling than AT.... AT is massive too and it takes forever to walk around the park to get to different rides which wastes time. Go to thorpe park

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Alton Towers has a much bigger and better feel to it as a park and the top rides are fantastic. But, Thorpe Park has equally brilliant rides and it can be easier to get round.

I'd say the rides are equal, so choose between easy to get round/ get on everything (Thorpe Park) or awesome park feeling (Alton Towers). I would honestly happily go to either of them, but can't beat the excitement and atmosphere of AT And there is plenty of time in the day, unless you want to feel like you have actually done everything.
fnm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thorpe Park overall has the better more thrilling rides, just. AT has Nemesis which is rated still as on of the best in Europe. That said I prefer AT as (sounds stupid) but it's just kinda more magical, the grounds are really beautiful and it's really well taken care of.
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been to Thorpe Park twice now and the rides are really great. But I heard Alton Towers was supposed to be better. But I don't know as I haven't visited there.
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thorpe Park - no height restictions so rides can actually have big drops.
social outcast
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thorpe park just because it easy to get to
STFU
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Alton Towers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.98%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.39%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.04%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.26%

Watched Threads