Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since everyone is start talking about things above life, i might start one as well.

What are dreams? Noone has found out a reason why such things exist. Is God sending us a message through our sleep trying to send us a message?

I myself tend to like nightmares, some are pretty exciting, some sort of virtual-reality adventure for me. Some of the dreams connect from one night to another too, while others repeat several times.

Write anything about dreams here, im very interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Since everyone is start talking about things above life, i might start one as well.

What are dreams? Noone has found out a reason why such things exist. Is God sending us a message through our sleep trying to send us a message?

I myself tend to like nightmares, some are pretty exciting, some sort of virtual-reality adventure for me. Some of the dreams connect from one night to another too, while others repeat several times.

"all that we see or seem
    is but a dream
    within a dream"

Edgar Allan Poe (man of uncomparable brilliance!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    It's your subconscious trying to make sense of everything that you've thought of and done during the day, but sometimes this theory falls flat on it's face... Dreams are part of you and what you think, even if you don't know it at the time or even remember... this is getting deep for a SUnday night... I think about this stuff all the time though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    "all that we see or seem
    is but a dream
    within a dream"

Edgar Allan Poe (man of uncomparable brilliance!!!!!)

i think this is fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I think dreams are just your mind and imagination piecing together your knowledge and thoughts and observations and creating a sort of soap opera for you for entertainment, because let's face it, as fine as sleep is, it's damn boring.

ReputationRep:
    I have been having really weird dreams this year when doing maths before bed. When I'm 'half asleep half awake' kinda daze in between falling asleep and waking up I have really weird flashes of really complex maths and such. It's freaky ****.

ReputationRep:

Too tired to have an oppinion, will post in the morningggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggg *falls asleep on keyboard*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I think dreams are just your mind and imagination piecing together your knowledge and thoughts and observations and creating a sort of soap opera for you for entertainment, because let's face it, as fine as sleep is, it's damn boring.
    well i wouldnt call it boring because you are in a state of unconsciousness but it is a waste of time. Sleeping seems quite mechanical to me,resembling machines recharging their batteries. I would like to think that i am more than a robot living in a small world created by higher intelligence beings :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i had a weird dream last nite

my white belt with holes in was cellotaped to my leg, and then i fell asleep on a sun bed, and when i woke up in my dream, i had orange dots all over my leg :-s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    I have been having really weird dreams this year when doing maths before bed. When I'm 'half asleep half awake' kinda daze in between falling asleep and waking up I have really weird flashes of really complex maths and such. It's freaky ****.
    Your signature, is that Gamemaster?

And yeah I always think of numbers for some reason when I'm bored, like when I don't have the ball in football. And I always dream of having a great long term relationship with girls I know even though I don't fancy them...

ReputationRep:
    Screw that. I love sleep.

ReputationRep:

And I always dream of having a great long term relationship with girls I know even though I don't fancy them...
    :eek: these dreams are cool too

ReputationRep:
    "Never let your memories be greater than your dreams."

ReputationRep:
    :eek: these dreams are cool too
    The sex tends to be great too, I seem to know exactly what to do... so much untapped potential in me...

ReputationRep:

And yeah I always think of numbers for some reason when I'm bored, like when I don't have the ball in football. And I always dream of having a great long term relationship with girls I know even though I don't fancy them...
    Yup it's Gamemaster in the sig

ReputationRep:
    Screw that. I love sleep.
    id like to think that i love sleep, but it is impossible to love sleep because you are unconscious. If you are unconscious you feel NOTHING. So you either like your dreams or the moment you wake up knowing that it is sunday and you can wake up late. However you rarely love your dreams when you wake up because dream comes to an end in all **** ways i.e nearly doing something amazing like shagging your bird, or before you get killed or something.

But i guess its the overall energized feeling after we wake up feeling recharged

ReputationRep:
    id like to think that i love sleep, but it is impossible to love sleep because you are unconscious. If you are unconscious you feel NOTHING. So you either like your dreams or the moment you wake up knowing that it is sunday and you can wake up late. However you rarely love your dreams when you wake up because dream comes to an end in all **** ways i.e nearly doing something amazing like shagging your bird, or before you get killed or something.

But i guess its the overall energized feeling after we wake up feeling recharged
    True, but when I'm asleep I don't have a care in the world

ReputationRep:
    i'm on exam leave now and i always wake up at about 8.30 then fall back asleep then wake up around 11. I almost always remember the dreams i have during this period and most of them are really wierd. I also had my first nightmere in years.

ReputationRep:
    True, but when I'm asleep I don't have a care in the world
    *cough* nightmares... don't you ever feel that they're real, that it's really happening...

ReputationRep:
    The sort of dreams I have are well different but all beautiful in their own way, like I push my friend out of the way of a car and get my leg broke, or I have to deal with a massive heartbreaking betrayal and come out blinging...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.