This discussion is closed.
grace
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey i'll tell u something cool about dreams....apparently when you sleep your brain releases a 'temporarily paralysing' hormone into your body...some people get less of the hormone which is why people sleep talk/sleep walk. That frustrated feeling you have in dreams when you NEED TO RUN and just can't is the mental manifestation of your physical frustration!

Also, apparently that *jolt* you get when you fall down or trip over in dreams is your heart naturally shocking itself because your heart rate has fallen too low. Its a natural survival mechanism! At least that's what i've read.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
*cough* nightmares... don't you ever feel that they're real, that it's really happening...
I've seen my kid sister have one, I was so scared for her, it looked like she was going through hell in the safest place you can be...
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
*cough* nightmares... don't you ever feel that they're real, that it's really happening...
No, dreams are never that vivid for me...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
nightmares are cool - the feeling when you wake up knowing that it isnt real. the problem with good dreams is that you wake up know that it isnt real
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by capslock)
No, dreams are never that vivid for me...
You mean when you remember them... maybe you do have nightmares just the fact that you don't remember them doesn't mean they're not there and you didn't have them...
capslock
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
You mean when you remember them... maybe you do have nightmares just the fact that you don't remember them doesn't mean they're not there and you didn't have them...
Well when I remember by dreams (as rarely as it might be), they are never vivid. I don't dream in colour even, it's kinda weird. Not really sure. Now can you describe a dream to someone else.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
nightmares are cool - the feeling when you wake up knowing that it isnt real. the problem with good dreams is that you wake up know that it isnt real
Nightmares can be terrifying (sp) but what about when you wake up and they still feel real, and you can't tell the difference between what's real and what's not... that's not cool

How can you express in words something that can only be explained when experienced yourself... dreams like many things and feeligns can never be explained in their entirity (sp)
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Nightmares can be terrifying (sp) but what about when you wake up and they still feel real, and you can't tell the difference between what's real and what's not... that's not cool

How can you express in words something that can only be explained when experienced yourself... dreams like many things and feeligns can never be explained in their entirity (sp)
sometimes this happens to me. today when i woke up i swear i left my economics book on the kitchen table, but in fact it was next to the computer, because i dreamed about my economics on the kitchen table (my dreams are exciting i know).

Anyways, anyone ever heard Mercury Rev - the dark is rising?

dreamed of you on my farm
I dreamed of you in my arms
But dreams are always wrong
I never dreamed I'd hurt you
I never dreamed I'd lose you
In my dreams I'm always strong

But now the creek is rising
And all my bridges burned

I always dreamed of big crowds
Plumes of smoke and high clouds
But dreams don't last for long

I have my suspicions
When the stars are in position
All will be revealed
But I know that until then
Unless the stars surrender
All wll be concealed

And now the snow is falling
And all my fences torn
I know you need someone
And I can hear someone
Somewhere in this song

I dreamed that I was walking
and the two of us were talking
Of all life's mystery
The words that flow between friends
Winding streams without end
I wanted you to see

But it can seem surprising
When you find yourself alone
And now the dark is rising
And a brand new moon is born

I always dreamed I'd love you
I never dreamed I'd lose you
In my dreams I'm always strong
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm gonna go dream now - until I have to get up at 5 to do more stupid coursework!nite................. .....
androidkiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've heard of some people who have dreams that carry on from the last one they had and have an ongoing plot. anybody here dream like that?

Yeah, I get the weird dreams with random people too. I hate nightmares, they seem too real - even more so than nice dreams. I'm often so hyped up when I wake up from them it's hard to get back to sleep.
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grace)
hey i'll tell u something cool about dreams....apparently when you sleep your brain releases a 'temporarily paralysing' hormone into your body...some people get less of the hormone which is why people sleep talk/sleep walk. That frustrated feeling you have in dreams when you NEED TO RUN and just can't is the mental manifestation of your physical frustration!

Also, apparently that *jolt* you get when you fall down or trip over in dreams is your heart naturally shocking itself because your heart rate has fallen too low. Its a natural survival mechanism! At least that's what i've read.
I really hate that! I'm having a nightmare and I have to run away but I just can't because my legs won't work and all I can do is crawl.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dreams are wierd. I mean, i can always remember my dreams really vividly, and alot of the time i can control myself in them.
But i've had some very freaky experiences with dreams though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (238)
39.21%
Take autumn exams (182)
29.98%
Look for a job (20)
3.29%
Consider an apprenticeship (23)
3.79%
Take a year out (108)
17.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (36)
5.93%

Watched Threads