Anyone have a conditional offer requiring passing UNI exams? Watch

That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I've applied and got an offer for Queen's Belfast starting in September, it's conditional on me passing my UNI exams, which I did.

My question is what happens next, unlike UCAS automatically getting my results, unlike A Levels, I apparently have to prove I passed.

I emailed our head of admission with a screen grab of my results, but it sounds pretty shoddy proof, she hasn't responded in 3 weeks.

Advice guys/gals?

Thanks.
Jonario
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ring the department instead of emailing, I had to go through the same process. They'll ask you to email some sort of transcript that proves your grades etc...
feverdream
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Hi,

I've applied and got an offer for Queen's Belfast starting in September, it's conditional on me passing my UNI exams, which I did.

My question is what happens next, unlike UCAS automatically getting my results, unlike A Levels, I apparently have to prove I passed.

I emailed our head of admission with a screen grab of my results, but it sounds pretty shoddy proof, she hasn't responded in 3 weeks.

Advice guys/gals?

Thanks.
You will probably need to send them some stuff in the post i.e. degree certificate and transcripts. Emailing a screenshot almost certainly will not suffice. Email them to find out what you need to do.
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Call admissions ASAP. Unless you have been specificity told to email the head of admissions, it's unlikely that they're the ones that would deal with something like that.
Zedd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by feverdream)
You will probably need to send them some stuff in the post i.e. degree certificate and transcripts. Emailing a screenshot almost certainly will not suffice. Email them to find out what you need to do.
That and this:

(Original post by Beska)
Call admissions ASAP. Unless you have been specificity told to email the head of admissions, it's unlikely that they're the ones that would deal with something like that.
Foghorn Leghorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I need to pass first year of my course, which I've done. I sent off all the certificates through an emailed photo copy, now just waiting for a reply.
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Okay, thanks.

Also, what do you mean "certificates?"

We received no hard copy certificates, it's all just online.

Are you supposed to request them?
Foghorn Leghorn
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Okay, thanks.

Also, what do you mean "certificates?"

We received no hard copy certificates, it's all just online.

Are you supposed to request them?
I mean the transcripts. Yeah we have an online thing as well but you can request a hard copy transcript from you lecturer to copy and email.
That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Alright, I rung them up today and everything seems in order.

Because I was at Queen's anyway, transferring to another school, but within Queen's, apparently they have access to my results, transcripts etc.

They have logged my results on the 6th July and are sifting through them now, they said everything sounds legit and they will email me if there are any problems.

Just for anyone in the same boat, I didn't know different schools shared this info, but apparently they do.

Cheers lads/lasses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads