The Student Room Group

Anyone have a conditional offer requiring passing UNI exams?

Hi,

I've applied and got an offer for Queen's Belfast starting in September, it's conditional on me passing my UNI exams, which I did.

My question is what happens next, unlike UCAS automatically getting my results, unlike A Levels, I apparently have to prove I passed.

I emailed our head of admission with a screen grab of my results, but it sounds pretty shoddy proof, she hasn't responded in 3 weeks.

Advice guys/gals?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Ring the department instead of emailing, I had to go through the same process. They'll ask you to email some sort of transcript that proves your grades etc...
Reply 2
Original post by That Bearded Man
Hi,

I've applied and got an offer for Queen's Belfast starting in September, it's conditional on me passing my UNI exams, which I did.

My question is what happens next, unlike UCAS automatically getting my results, unlike A Levels, I apparently have to prove I passed.

I emailed our head of admission with a screen grab of my results, but it sounds pretty shoddy proof, she hasn't responded in 3 weeks.

Advice guys/gals?

Thanks.

You will probably need to send them some stuff in the post i.e. degree certificate and transcripts. Emailing a screenshot almost certainly will not suffice. Email them to find out what you need to do.
Reply 3
Call admissions ASAP. Unless you have been specificity told to email the head of admissions, it's unlikely that they're the ones that would deal with something like that.
Reply 4
Original post by feverdream
You will probably need to send them some stuff in the post i.e. degree certificate and transcripts. Emailing a screenshot almost certainly will not suffice. Email them to find out what you need to do.

That and this:

Original post by Beska
Call admissions ASAP. Unless you have been specificity told to email the head of admissions, it's unlikely that they're the ones that would deal with something like that.
Yeah I need to pass first year of my course, which I've done. I sent off all the certificates through an emailed photo copy, now just waiting for a reply.
Okay, thanks.

Also, what do you mean "certificates?"

We received no hard copy certificates, it's all just online.

Are you supposed to request them?
Original post by That Bearded Man
Okay, thanks.

Also, what do you mean "certificates?"

We received no hard copy certificates, it's all just online.

Are you supposed to request them?

I mean the transcripts. Yeah we have an online thing as well but you can request a hard copy transcript from you lecturer to copy and email.
Alright, I rung them up today and everything seems in order.

Because I was at Queen's anyway, transferring to another school, but within Queen's, apparently they have access to my results, transcripts etc.

They have logged my results on the 6th July and are sifting through them now, they said everything sounds legit and they will email me if there are any problems.

Just for anyone in the same boat, I didn't know different schools shared this info, but apparently they do.

Cheers lads/lasses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending