Changed course for second year... Watch

Knighted
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello all,

For my first year I did Business Computer Systems and found it woefully boring. THe modules on the course I did enjoy however were the Human Computer Interaction, programming and web development modules. I have now been transferred to the Digital Media Development course.

Obviously this is awesome as Web and Application design is much more interesting to me then constantly creating documentation. However I am being transferred into the 2nd year of this course due to providing enough work in the 1st year to demonstrate the skills that I have.

Due to my coursemates in the 1st year being also boring I only really made friends with people at my halls. I would however like to meet and get to know the people on my new course.

What is a good way of doing this? Its the 2nd year, people will already have their friendship groups and such
buildalegohouse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Throw a party? Alcohol always helps break the ice
And don't worry, the more time you spend with your new coursemates the better...just relax, don't try too hard, and don't hold back. Talk-- don't let the fact that they always have friends put you off x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads