Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have an external hard drive which I use to back up my laptop. The backup has become so big that I have to delete the previous backup before doing a new one.

I started the backup at about 9:00PM last night and I left it on all night. It's now only at 25%...

It says it copying files to E:\, but that's all. Then every now and then it tells me which files it is copying.

I have a feeling that this backup won't be done by tonight, which is when I need it done by.

I have two questions:

1. How can I speed the backup up? I'm just doing the full backup and it's never taken this long before.

2. Is there a way I can do a quick backup before tonight? I really need some sort of backup done by tonight.

I'm using Windows 7 backup/restore program, and my C drive is a few GB over 200GB

(Is there a program I can download that will back this 200gb up within 10 hours?)
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
I have an external hard drive which I use to back up my laptop. The backup has become so big that I have to delete the previous backup before doing a new one.

I started the backup at about 9:00PM last night and I left it on all night. It's now only at 25%...

It says it copying files to E:\, but that's all. Then every now and then it tells me which files it is copying.

I have a feeling that this backup won't be done by tonight, which is when I need it done by.

I have two questions:

1. How can I speed the backup up? I'm just doing the full backup and it's never taken this long before.

2. Is there a way I can do a quick backup before tonight? I really need some sort of backup done by tonight.

I'm using Windows 7 backup/restore program, and my C drive is a few GB over 200GB

(Is there a program I can download that will back this 200gb up within 10 hours?)
Well to be fair it's also to do with your pc specs partially...........I was able to back up nearly 250gb in around 1 hour and a half, but thats because my pc is very fast.
So all you can do is wait.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads