youcanhumpmyleg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
lol jesus just had my 3rd lesson went on the main roads did loads of round abouts **** my self everything was just confusing !!! when does it get easier ? did a couple of turns in the road though which i found ok, but this lesson has just put me off !!! arrghhh need motivation to carry on !
lcsurfer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its only your 3rd lesson...
Think about it this way if you didnt like a job on the 3rd day would you quit then?
If i did I'd never be employed!
Stick with it the first 5 or so lessons are always scary but you will see how quick you improve, i remember when i was learning nearly 5 years ago I was so scared of roundabouts especially big ones for ages, but my instructer just kept making me do them until i was comfortable. Stick at it and think about where you can drie once you pass
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by youcanhumpmyleg)
lol jesus just had my 3rd lesson went on the main roads did loads of round abouts **** my self everything was just confusing !!! when does it get easier ? did a couple of turns in the road though which i found ok, but this lesson has just put me off !!! arrghhh need motivation to carry on !
I remember when I started, it was so much to take in and remember.

It does get easier though. Roundabouts are quite easy when you get used to it. Just keep going and you'll find it gets easier.
amyshamblesxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You just need to keep at it. Roundabouts are scary the first time you do them but you get used to them. I was terrified the first time I had to do one but now I'd say they're one of the things I feel completely comfortable doing. Keep at it! Winners never quit and quitters never win.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I found it virtually impossible and very frightening when i first started in march but i passed on tuesday with no minors first time.

Keep at it, it comes to you
youcanhumpmyleg
Rep:
?
(Original post by james1211)
I found it virtually impossible and very frightening when i first started in march but i passed on tuesday with no minors first time.

Keep at it, it comes to you
Well done James !!!
Im jut shocking at gears

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done James !!!
Im jut shocking at gears

Is it changing the gears you find difficult or knowing which gear to select that you struggle with?

It took me till 2 lessons before my test to be able to go from 5th to 3rd properly
youcanhumpmyleg
Rep:
?
i kind of know when to change, its actually changing them lol ! its a pain at the minute
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i kind of know when to change, its actually changing them lol ! its a pain at the minute
clutch in, change gear, clutch out ???????? :confused:
youcanhumpmyleg
Rep:
?
I obv know that! I mean putting it in the right gear lol ! It was only my first time on the main roads after 2 lessons ! I was rushing each time which I think is why I was messing up

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.1%
No (233)
75.9%

Watched Threads