The extra holiday for the queens jubilee Watch

The_Great_One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im sick of hearing about how it hurt the economy because we had an extra day in feb because its a leap year so we didnt get an extra holiday.
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it's a lame argument. If it hurts the economy to have a day off, then why have any days off at all? Let's ban weekends and Christmas. Heck, do we really need 8 hours sleep and 8 hours time off? Let's get rid of both.
The_Great_One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Whats hurting the economy is too much regulation. We have to compete with china who has no regulation and look at how well they do.
gladders
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Great_One)
Whats hurting the economy is too much regulation. We have to compete with china who has no regulation and look at how well they do.
Um...they also have many deaths and break a lot of international laws. They are only competitive because they don't pay their workforce terribly well.

Once that changes (inevitably), they will need regulation to maintain standards. Don't equate regulation as a zero-sum game. There's a sweet spot where regulation and autonomy combine for mutual benefit, and I think Britain's a lot closer to that sweet spot than China is.
bkeevin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Great_One)
Luxemburg(large manufacturer), Germany or France have more regulation and are part of the crisis ridden eurozone and they are doing much better. Less regulation may be helpful for business but the UK is still one of the least regulated countries among the most developed nations.
creak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Osborne's running out of excuses.
U.Ahmed
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think we are just at the point now where ludicrous excuses will be used.
Blame anything and anyone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads