Done the Gap Year. Heading to Uni. ****, I've forgotten everything! Watch

3lln
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Heya!

So, I have had two gap years due to financial inconsistencies , one between my IGCSEs and A Levels and one after A Levels last year, which is coming to an abrupt end. In September I will be heading to uni to do Civil Engineering. I am very excited :jive:.

Only I have forgotten absolutely everything about studying, working, target meeting and of course, my maths and physics are atrocious! Literally, I cannot do a sum, and it takes forever to understand or even do anything academic-wise. I was working to save for uni and I didn't touch a book the entire time because I had two jobs. Now I realise I didn't do myself any favors there at all, because I am not even that clever :sigh:!

I have got all my A level Maths ans Physics books out and got copies of the textbooks I used in A levels. I have a month and a tiny bit to sort my situation out, and I am down to one job now (I am currently at work, actually). Every now and then I do quizes online here and write little notes in a little book but I feel like I'm not doing it right. Do I need a timetable for when I get home? Do I do past papers and fail them until I pass them? I am so lost :confused:.

If anyone knows where to start, how to get round this, motivation and all sorts of other helpful things, please help a girl? It will be much appreciated .

tish*tash
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've literally JUST got out a book called 'How to study: Practical tips for students' by Phil Race..it covers everything from essays to job interviews, I think it could be helpful to you I'm also starting uni in September so its helpful for the transition

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my San Francisco II
Above.The.Empyrean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Okay.

Cover pure modules, (Cores and Further) and Mechanics only. No need for Stats/Decision.

Don't focus on Quantum Physics, that's superfluous. Look mainly at your Mechanics modules and momentum and anything else you've covered. Don't do electricity, it'll be redundant. Work smart, not hard. You'll be fine.
3lln
Rep:
?
(Original post by tish*tash)
I've literally JUST got out a book called 'How to study: Practical tips for students' by Phil Race..it covers everything from essays to job interviews, I think it could be helpful to you I'm also starting uni in September so its helpful for the transition

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my San Francisco II
Thank you. I must find this book now :cyber:
3lln
Rep:
?
(Original post by Above.The.Empyrean)
Okay.

Cover pure modules, (Cores and Further) and Mechanics only. No need for Stats/Decision.

Don't focus on Quantum Physics, that's superfluous. Look mainly at your Mechanics modules and momentum and anything else you've covered. Don't do electricity, it'll be redundant. Work smart, not hard. You'll be fine.
Yes, ok. This is a good start to planning what to do and what to chuck. Thank you ever so much.
Above.The.Empyrean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 3lln)
Yes, ok. This is a good start to planning what to do and what to chuck. Thank you ever so much.
Good luck!

C1-C4
FP1-FP3
M1-M3/M4

If you can achieve 90%+ in your core and 85-90% in your Mechanics, you'll be fine!
3lln
Rep:
?
(Original post by Above.The.Empyrean)
Good luck!

C1-C4
FP1-FP3
M1-M3/M4

If you can achieve 90%+ in your core and 85-90% in your Mechanics, you'll be fine!
Noted. Thanks, man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.58%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.53%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.42%
It might lead to more bullying (56)
36.84%
There's nothing they could do (42)
27.63%

Watched Threads

Latest