camo1530
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi
I'm new to here, as I only just joined!
Results day for A-Levels is fast approaching and I've only just started to worry and panic about it after enjoying my summer so far!! I've only applied for one course on my UCAS and made my personal statement specifically for the University and course I'm applying for, which is Business Studies and Japanese at Cardiff Uni.
My offer is fairly high, it's an AB + Pass in the Welsh Baccalaureate (which is equal to an A at A-Level. I achieved high Bs at AS for my two subjects. However, I'm worried that I'm going to miss my offer as the 'exam panic' has set in and I've been over thinking about the exams, I know it's bad to do that, but it happens when you don't have much to do some days!

My question is, say if if I missed my offer by a grade in either of my subjects, would it be likely the fact that I've specifically only chosen Cardiff and made the personal statement specific to the course and the university itself would help me in my favour? I've also started to learn Japanese over the summer in preparation for my course, which i'm finding easy enough and is one of the requirements for us to learn before we go.

Thanks for all your help in advance! and sorry if it's another 'worry about a-level results panic thread'
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by camo1530)
and sorry if it's another 'worry about a-level results panic thread'
There are lots of them

None of us can say if Cardiff will still accept you

It really depends on how all the other people who applied have done ... if they fill up with people who have made the grade then you will not get in ... if they don't then you may
camo1530
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Yeah, that's a fair point I guess it's just a big waiting game until results day!! Thank-you anyway!
Flyteryder
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by camo1530)
Yeah, that's a fair point I guess it's just a big waiting game until results day!! Thank-you anyway!
Phone the admissions department and ask. You'll get a correct answer which will be better than what anyone on here says, and they can't just take your offer away if you say you think you might not make the offer

Edit: I get negged because I gave the best advice she could have been given? I rang up the admissions departments for my offers to ask them question. Grow the **** up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads