German Christmas Markets Watch

*absinthe*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So we're heading to Cologne in december. Wondering if anyone's ever been and how many euros i should take. I heard things are quite expensive so anything about the price of gifts and so on will be really helpful.

Edit: I don't understand how this is a neg?
CJ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't been myself, but I know someone that has who might be able to help you out...

(Original post by Sazzy890)
P.S. I don't know why you were negged either, but I gave you one back to make up for it
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *absinthe*)
So we're heading to Cologne in december.
HAve not been to Cologne but we did the Christmas Markets in Berlin a few years ago

Fantastic short break

On the one hand you can just walk round and spend very little ... food and drink from the stalls is usually quite reasonable ... you can buy lovely wooden decorations for little money

BUT

There is so much on offer to tempt and some of it can be quite costly
The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CJ)
I haven't been myself, but I know someone that has who might be able to help you out...

P.S. I don't know why you were negged either, but I gave you one back to make up for it
Done the same

So we're heading to Cologne in december. Wondering if anyone's ever been and how many euros i should take. I heard things are quite expensive so anything about the price of gifts and so on will be really helpful.

Edit: I don't understand how this is a neg?
I've been to Aachen Christmas market, and, well, it depends on what you want to spend. As TenOfThem said, most people will not spend much - there were these amazing waffles not unlike this:
which were absolute HEAVEN but other than that I personally just got some chips, a pen, and a bottle of ink. Some people (the true Westerners) stopped at McDonalds.. :rolleyes:
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I haven't been to cologne in December so not been to Christmas markets specifically, but I know that their Christmas markets are meant to be absolutely amazing :yep: Shopping-wise in Germany it's slightly cheaper than London prices I think but is still kinda expensive. Great for shopping though You'll love it! How long are you going for?
Thebigfudge85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is one in Glasgow Around Christmas time down at St Enochs. It's pretty epic
*absinthe*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Sazzy890)
Hey, I haven't been to cologne in December so not been to Christmas markets specifically, but I know that their Christmas markets are meant to be absolutely amazing :yep: Shopping-wise in Germany it's slightly cheaper than London prices I think but is still kinda expensive. Great for shopping though You'll love it! How long are you going for?
We're going Friday to Monday. Seen some youtube videos and everything looks so pretty.
itsjustsophie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to Cologne Christmas market last December and it was fantastic. Most gift-type things are about €5 and food is very reasonable in the markets. There is so much to choose from! I went for three days and took the equivilent of about £100 including money for the journey plus a little bit extra that my grandparents gave me before I went. I didn't bring very much home with me!!!

However much you take, you'll love it. I found it such a magical experiment. We went to the Lindt Chocolate Museum which was really exiting!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads