Holidays for 17 year olds? Watch

_Shmiley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Me and my best friend were wondering about holidays next year , we were thinking about going to Italy. How easy would it be to sort all of this out? Will hotels accept us and how much are we looking at? And also where would be a nice place to go? She suggested Florence but I want beaches and history :P Ideally we are looking around £1000 each, is this realistic? We don't really want to go to get drunk and go out, that's why we chose Italy.. She has an older sister who us 18 and will be 19 next year, would it be easier for her sister come with us like in terms of getting hotels and stuff?
_Shmiley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Bump

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
blackcurls
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just got back from Italy last week and Im 17 myself and went with someone else who's 16.

Flights with Ryanair and stuff are nice and cheap, and hotels aren't too badly priced in Italy.

For us it worked out at £340 for travel from the Chester to Milan and back, 2 nights in a 4* in Milan, a train to Venice, 3 nights in a 3* on Murano, a train back to Milan then a 2 night stay in Milan in 4* again. I took £220 worth of euros and came back with about 20euros.

It is possible to do Italy on the cheap, but if I had £1000 I'd be looking at first class trains and all the museums I wanted.

Florence is really good for museums and history, especially if you like art. I don't really know where to suggest for you to go to if you're looking for beaches because thats not what I do, but Florence or Rome aren't too far from the cost on the trains.

Just e-mail the hotels before booking them, I have been turned down twice before booking because they want the minimum check-in age to be 18, but for the most you'll be fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.48%
No (290)
75.52%

Watched Threads