GarethShortt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everybody

This has been bugging me for a while now so I've decided to come here and get opinions before I carry out any actions. For the past 10 years I've had these friends that were in my class at school, we always hung out together during school days and then at the weekends I would go to meet them and hang out some more (they live in a bigger town 10 miles away whereas I live in the countryside). I had no problem with this because the 3 of them lived in the same part of town so it was easier for me to go visit. Once we finished school we all went to the same University and decided to live together in a house during term time.

However this past while I have become very annoyed by this arrangement. We have all now graduated and it's donned on me, these friends have never actually been to my house. Fair enough they have came to birthday parties that were held at the local pub but never to my house. Recently I invited them around for a house party as I had a free house and they all made excuses, they've even stopped inviting me on certain nights out and it's always me that has to text them or create an idea for a night out/day out, it's always me that has to make the first move of contact. At the minute they're all on holiday in Thailand for 5 weeks (I couldn't afford to go) and I'm biting on my tongue and refusing to text them on the principle of the thing to see how long it is before they contact. So what do you guys think I should do when they come home? Keep up the silence? Move on from them?

Any opinions would be appreciated
blank_smile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This actually sounds like a good story, you should write a book about it

I think you should ignore them and move on and wait for some cool adventures to arise.
I love shopping
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm Sounds difficult. It wouldn't hurt to make new friends, but if you still enjoy their company then I wouldn't cut them out completely, specially because they've been a prt of your life for so long. Maybe try having a quiet word with them, explaining how they're making you feel?
Also, I understand that you want them to think about you while they're away, but since they're on holiday they must be be quite busy. So don't worry too much.
I hope you sort it out
GarethShortt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the feedback

So should I keep on with my silence until one of them breaks it or just contact them as soon as they are home?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.26%
No (178)
75.74%

Watched Threads