Do i need to tell the employer i'm a student? :) Watch

blank_smile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok, so I have started a job which is 40hrs a week, permanent on top of that I am a full time 2nd yr student.

Is it necessary to tell them this? I am going to uni but I need this job so I will do my own independent reading and research.
biffyclyro27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
so you're going to be in work for a full-time job, but just not go to your lectures/tutorials and work yourself? Recipe for disaster...

For starters, a lot of unis will in fact kick you off the course, or fail you for that year if your attendance levels are poor. Secondly, there is a lot of information that you can pick up from your tutors that you just can't get from a text book.

Whilst I don't think you technically need to tell the employer, you really should reconsider your choice...
sarahlousie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would be worried about missing out on important information regarding deadlines and exams. I know at my university for some modules you could lose 10% of your grade with bad attendance. Also how will you be able to make sure you get time off to hand in work at attend exams?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.78%
No (173)
75.22%

Watched Threads