Question about the life science course structure Watch

jacques_1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey.

This year I will come to Manchester on the life science with a language course. I wonder if anyone here studying in the school of life sciences can help answer my questions.

I have lists on the website module life sciences here:
http://www.ls.manchester.ac.uk/docum... 1 2010-11.pdf

I do not understand how the modular system. I understand you 120 credits each year and each module consists of 10 credits. I've also heard that on language courses, I have 40 credits of language study. Some courses (eg neuroscience) have complusory 11 modules in the first year with 40 credits of language does not seem the 120 credit structure. I think what I'm trying to do, is does anyone know the details of how the course modules work (I know, I can know when I'm there, but I'm very curious) and how many modules of choice would I have in the life science with a language course?

Sorry for my English. Thank you very much.

Jack.
fretter778
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did biology with French last year (but no longer). You only have 20 credits of language study. Looking at the course modules (here: http://www.ls.manchester.ac.uk/under...coursemodules/ ) your compulsory modules are tutorials, biochem, genetics, mol to cells, intro to lab, intro to exp bio, and the 20 language credits. This totals 80 credits (DH1, DH2 and the health and safety course are part of tutorial and on their own are worth 0 credits). All other modules are 10 credits so you have 4 optional modules to choose from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads