Ps3 or xbox 360? Watch

The Polar Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Or just wait...

I've got an xbox 360 but I haven't got xbox live and I'm not willing to pay money to play online, just quite expensive really :grumble: Playing on my xbox is boring without LIVE :sigh:

I prefer the xbox controllers in comparison to the ps3 ones. I just really dislike them, feels weird main reason why I didn't get PS3 3 years ago

Should I stick with my xbox, or get a PS3?

Rumours spreading about an xbox 720 or something like that...should I wait for another console and get that?
Elwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Won't pay to play online but will buy a PS3?
Xbox live isn't free, where as PS network is, however, Xbox live is far better and worth every penny, there really is no comparison.
PS3 only really has the advantages of PS exclusives and Blu-ray. Xbox 720 which should be released for xmas 2013 should have Blu-ray however.
The Polar Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Elwyn)
Won't pay to play online but will buy a PS3?
Xbox live isn't free, where as PS network is, however, Xbox live is far better and worth every penny, there really is no comparison.
PS3 only really has the advantages of PS exclusives and Blu-ray. Xbox 720 which should be released for xmas 2013 should have Blu-ray however.
Long term, PS3 will be cheaper.
I don't like paying for something over a long period of time...just want a transaction and that will be that
kog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Look at the online games, and decide what you want from there, if you want something with better graphics, and free online get the ps3, if you want to play halo/forza/gears of war online, get the live.

Personally i've got a ps3 for my gaming needs, brilliant for me, and to the person who says how live and psn are hardly comparable, That really isn't true, the servers have always been reliable for me (except for the outage last year, but every anti-ps3 guy will keep mentioning that thing now for years to come now).

Both are excellent consoles, however imo, if you already have a xbox, i think you wold be better off just getting `live` rather than getting a new console altogether.

Also, any xbox fanboys who feel like quoting me with a list of things why xbox live is `better` don't bother wating your time, as I've said, both are great consoles, but PS3 is my prefence for online/offline gaming.

Rumours regarding next Xbox, I believe they are just that, rumours, likewise there are rumours for a new playstation for 2013/2014 release, but i don't see a new playstation coming out for awhile, this gen of gaming hasn't really got much to improve on, but the xbox really does need some blu-ray support, so I imagine the next Xbox will come out first
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I were you, I'd just pay the one off annual £35 or whatever it is. The service Microsoft provide is worth it. I felt the same way as you, it is expensive, but eventually succumbed and I never looked back.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads