Alexiszz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey guys, can you guys help me? i get question in my mind for several weeks
i am wondering which university ( UEA or Queen Belfast) is famous for pharmacy.
Since a lot of people here mention UEA but nobody talk about Queen Belfast.
i want to know which univeristy have a great student support and staff quality

thank you so much!
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, I'm going to UEA in September which is top in the UK for Pharmacy at the moment according to the Guardian league table, but some people don't put much store by league tables. But Queen's Belfast is a really well respected uni, it's in the Russell Group, if you care about that, while UEA is not. I thought about applying to Queen's but didn't in the end. One of my old Biology teachers went to Queen's, he said it was a really good university. But I can tell you my impressions of UEA, at least. When I went all the current pharmacy students were really friendly and seemed enthusiastic about their course, there were quite a few lecturers there ready to chat and answer my questions and they were all really helpful, and then we went upstairs where they showed us this machine they use for making aspirin powder into actual pills, and then another machine which simulates the human stomach which they use to test the coating on the pills. It was pretty awesome actually. And one of the pharmacy students on here said UEA is really good about giving you work experience, which is really valuable at the moment considering how competitive pharmacy is becoming. And I just fell in love with the place so I'm going to be biased. But that's all I know.
Hoganballs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Queen's would be far superior to UEA in terms of the University as a whole and the School of Pharmacy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads