Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey ppl...

Ive applied to both
York: Cognitive Neuroscience MSc
&
Sheffield: Cognitive and Compuational MSc

starting in sept 2012...

Both have accepted me... but which 1 is better? :confused:
York has standard boring modules and I heard the city is cold and unfriendly...:eek:
Sheffield has mathematics modules which i suck @ :P but the modules seem diverse, - I dont know anything about the city though

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE xX
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
York has a good reputation for psychology. I'm not a psychologist so I can't comment further.

As far as the city is concerned, apart from the temperature it is far from cold or unfriendly. I spent 3 years in York and loved it. It's really pretty and quaint. The campus is lovely and people are really friendly.
kk.creare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
as per my exploration sheffield is awesome place ..small but everything there .. and student friendly city even sheffield is well known for psychology.. more research oriented... i had almost firmed, yes the masters course there is more maths oriented .. but it is the future ..coz interdisciplinary research is the key .. but if you are interested in clinical then may be you could try other courses.. u cn chk Mres in clinical psychology frm uni of birmingham.... Birmingham has many Mres courses covering many areas in psychology both clinical and non clinical... i chose Mres in computational neuroscience and cognitive robotics .. as i am from computer science and was looking for such course and about york ..hmmm i guess even i had thought of applying but later changed my mind .. so frankly no idea on it ... what i would suggest is already you have psychology background ..so work on understanding your interest.. then choose .. never mind if you join a university not so reputed ... see whether you can work towards your goals ...remember you can improve its reputation with your work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads