what gcse subjects did you choose to study for options?

Watch
ergo30
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What subjects did everyone choose to study during gcse, I'm taking my options now. I'm taking:

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies
and 5 other compulsory subjects.

Are these options okay? What subjects did you choose? Could I study better subjects?
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ergo30)
What subjects did everyone choose to study during gcse, I'm taking my options now. I'm taking:

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies

Are these options okay? What subjects did you choose? Could I study better subjects?
Not for me to say... Look at my profile to see what I did..
I'd be total against, business, as it's mind numbingly dull! But it'll be an eAsy grade I guess, but prepare to be bored!!! As for geography, the physical side is interesting for me, but human parts are boring so you'll have to bare some bits history is brilliant and so is a language, I'm doing French though
ergo30
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Not for me to say... Look at my profile to see what I did..I'd be total against, business, as it's mind numbingly dull! But it'll be an eAsy grade I guess, but prepare to be bored!!! As for geography, the physical side is interesting for me, but human parts are boring so you'll have to bare some bits history is brilliant and so is a language, I'm doing French though

I wish I was doing french rather than Spanish but its too late to change language.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wish I was doing french rather than Spanish but its too late to change language.
Aww! Yeah, French is awesome!!
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Classical Civilisation
Geography
Ict
Spanish,
And the cores

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Spooky_Rach
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd did 5 core subjects +

triple award science
latin
geography
social outcast
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies

they look like a good mix, i do geography , history , psychology , and science in society
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 8 years ago

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies

It doesn't matter too much what subjects you take at GCSE (the important ones are English and Maths), so those options are fine. It's best to pick what you enjoy.

Personally, I chose:
French
History
Economics
Computing
+ 6 compulsory subjects.

dinrah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
French
History
Engineering
Astronomy
+(8 compulsory subjects and 1 compulsory short course)
Starrstruck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I took triple science, history and drama. History was very interesting, triple science was dead boring apart from experiments and drama was fun as we always mucked around.
Jennie027
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Those options sound sensible - overall you have to pick subjects you enjoy.
I chose: History, Drama, Media Studies and French.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jennie027)
Those options sound sensible - overall you have to pick subjects you enjoy.
I chose: History, Drama, Media Studies and French.
Media studies was.compulsory for.us we sat it in year nine instead
-sunlight-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies

Not even joking, that's exactly what I took! Although, I do have to say that while Business is relatively easy, it can be quite boring.. I don't mind Business to be honest, but I reckon that's just down to the teacher I have.
Don't worry about "better" subjects; as long as you're happy with what you've taken and you don't **** around in the lessons, you'll be fine. I don't think you really need to concentrate on the merit of each subject until A-levels - and this is coming from a GCSE student!
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My options were divided into 1 language which was compulsory + 3 options of choice.

My chosen language was French and my 3 other options were German, History and Drama
Jennie027
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Media studies was.compulsory for.us we sat it in year nine instead
Lucky you! The language was compulsory for us - Japanese year 7, then either Spanish or German alongside French years 7-9 (I chose Spanish) and then had to choose at least one language for 10 and 11 - could be French, Spanish, Russian, Italian or Japanese. I chose French. So I sat French and Spanish GCSE year 9.
Silent--ly
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

History
Geography
Spanish
Business Studies

At GCSE your grades don't matter, as long as you do English and Maths. At this stage you should choose the options that you enjoy most and would do best in, and then aim for the best grades you possibly can.

I chose Triple Science, French, German, History, Art and Business + 4 core options.
L'Evil Fish
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jennie027)
Lucky you! The language was compulsory for us - Japanese year 7, then either Spanish or German alongside French years 7-9 (I chose Spanish) and then had to choose at least one language for 10 and 11 - could be French, Spanish, Russian, Italian or Japanese. I chose French. So I sat French and Spanish GCSE year 9.
Wow! What did you get? I'm doing French now
Raaachelth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did:
Graphics
Textiles
History

But we had to take Spanish
I have no regrets doing history, its seen as a more academically challenging subject so looks goid in the future. I went on to do it at A level too so yeah, I'd say do that.
Graphics was the stupidest thing I ever did, but it was easy.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
ergo30
Rep:
?
What is drama like in gcse? is it hard?
Off_My_Planet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cores +
History
English Lit
Photography
Dance BTech
Triple science
citizenship (sadly no choice)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads