Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused how I would set a graph out for this.

In my fieldwork project I took the gradient of 5 of my sites but all I've got are just readings of 2 degrees,1degree,4degrees and the sites are like 300 metres apart... I have the velocity speeds but how am I spose to plott a graph from these gradient figures ?

Has anyone done something similiar to this in Geography before and could help with any useful any please ? Thanks !

Btw my Hypothesis is that there is a relationship between Gradient and Velocity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    I'm really confused how I would set a graph out for this.

In my fieldwork project I took the gradient of 5 of my sites but all I've got are just readings of 2 degrees,1degree,4degrees and the sites are like 300 metres apart... I have the velocity speeds but how am I spose to plott a graph from these gradient figures ?

Has anyone done something similiar to this in Geography before and could help with any useful any please ? Thanks !

Btw my Hypothesis is that there is a relationship between Gradient and Velocity.
    Sorry to sound stupid but velocity of what? If we had more info on what you are doing, perhaps we could offer some more aid.

ReputationRep:
    do velocity on the side and gradient at the bottom of the graph

2 2.4 3.7 5.1

helped???

pm me if u need help

ReputationRep:
    would it be a scattergraph jane ?

Its the velocity of the water in the steam.. our teacher has given us NO help whatsoever for this coursework it really sucks trying to remember stuff i did last September

ReputationRep:
    Guys does a clinometer give a result of (mm/m) ? cus this is what I have for my secondary sources - if they didnt use a Clinometer to get that reading instead of degrees do u know what tool they used, or is it possible to get that reading on a clinometer?

ReputationRep:
    Clinometers (For measuring altitude / elevation/ vertical angles.)

So quite possibly yes.

ReputationRep:
    I dont spose you know the method (as I have to explain how you would take that reading) I know how to take the reading if its degrees but not for (mm/m) ?

ReputationRep:
    *bumping to draw attention overnight *

ReputationRep:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.