Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all, which degree (Accounting & Finance or Economics) places better into Investment Banking at Warwick, specifically?

-----

Have any Canadians applied in the past?

How good is the Warwick hockey team?

Warwick - Accounting & Finance
    "Typically we require at least 85% in High School Diploma, with 5 M or U courses with grades of 85%. IB also accepted."

Grades:

Calculus (U) - 96%
    Advanced Functions (U) - 96%
    Data Management (U) - 100%
    English (U) - 93%
    Economics (U) - 100%
    Resource Management (M) - 99%

From what I gather, you don't list your extracurricular activities in the United Kingdom. Rather, you write what's called a personal statement.

I've interned at a marketing research firm as well as a venture capital firm. I'm hoping to land a job in private wealth management.

I'm working on my Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) Designation. I should have my Investment Management Techniques (IMT®) by the time I apply.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    They are both good degrees. A&F is arguably easier but has very similar prospects.

As for the hockey team (and I assume you mean field hockey)it is is good and they have 4 teams in different national leagues. My housemate is the president of the club if you want me to put you in contact with him.

ReputationRep:
    You can check the graduation statistics on their website and for A+F most become accountants (not sure if this is due to choice). For IBD I would say do Economics, its extremely competitive and I would personally find it more fascinating. However, A+F is easier to get first if you put the work in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatboyGinger)
    They are both good degrees. A&F is arguably easier but has very similar prospects.

As for the hockey team (and I assume you mean field hockey)it is is good and they have 4 teams in different national leagues. My housemate is the president of the club if you want me to put you in contact with him.
    Haha, I mean ice hockey. Not many guys from Canada play field hockey, it's a girl's sport here.

Thanks for the offer and insight! I truly appreciate it!

How often do you see people from A&F go into investment banking? The graduate report says the majority of them go into accounting, is that because they want to or have to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.