This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
did u watch the oscars last night??? what did every1 think of them?? i cant believe i actually stayed up to watch them till gone 5 in the mornin!!
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I forgot all about them! Did Lord of the Rings win loads??
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
well when i finished watchin they had won 8 out of 8 that they were nominated 4 but they were nominated for a total of 11, so they probably got all of them, eventho i thin in somew of the catorgories they were nominated in there was a far better standard set by other movies, i think they got so many out of favourism instead of quality, but thats just my opinion
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)

Yeah, clean sweep
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
well when i finished watchin they had won 8 out of 8 that they were nominated 4 but they were nominated for a total of 11, so they probably got all of them, eventho i thin in somew of the catorgories they were nominated in there was a far better standard set by other movies, i think they got so many out of favourism instead of quality, but thats just my opinion
Flippin heck, didn't expect them to win all the categories they were nominated for but then, I'm not a fan
So you stayed up till 5 in the morning and didn't see it all?? What time did it end?
Fritz
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Who won what? Didi the gorge Orli win?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
Flippin heck, didn't expect them to win all the categories they were nominated for but then, I'm not a fan
So you stayed up till 5 in the morning and didn't see it all?? What time did it end?
i have no idea, but it didnt start till 12.50am, they had a short break every 5 minutes as well, i just couldnt stay up any longer cus i had to get up at 7.30 (which i still managed!!!)
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fritz)
Who won what? Didi the gorge Orli win?
i dont think he did, i dont think he was even there
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have no idea, but it didnt start till 12.50am, they had a short break every 5 minutes as well, i just couldnt stay up any longer cus i had to get up at 7.30 (which i still managed!!!)

I wanted to stay up and watch it, but god i couldn't its too much, i just got all the gossip from the breakfast shows
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Babygal)
I wanted to stay up and watch it, but god i couldn't its too much, i just got all the gossip from the breakfast shows
thats the only problem if they didnt do it live they would have such a bigger audience in the uk (stupid tv people!!!)
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
thats the only problem if they didnt do it live they would have such a bigger audience in the uk (stupid tv people!!!)

Yeh so true, did that Jonathan Ross person present it, he annoys me so sarcy and irritating. and a break every 5 mins, now thats overdoin it
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
American TV's a pain for advert breaks- I was ill in tha Carribbean for a couple of days and they get American TV there- they have 3 breaks in a 1/2 hour program- arghhhh! Drove me bonkers!
Amy
Rep:
?
Yeh so true, did that Jonathan Ross person present it, he annoys me so sarcy and irritating. and a break every 5 mins, now thats overdoin it
yeah, he was quite well dressed for a change but he is so boring!!! the 5 minute thing was so annoyin!! they would present 2 awards an it would be a short break all the time
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
American TV's a pain for advert breaks- I was ill in tha Carribbean for a couple of days and they get American TV there- they have 3 breaks in a 1/2 hour program- arghhhh! Drove me bonkers!
im hate that when they do that in the simpsons!!! AAAARRHH!!
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Yeh Americans just love to promote, and promote and promote
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
How stunning did Live Tyler and Nicole Kidman look though!!!! AbFab!
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i just saw the pictures, jim carrey is bald lol
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i just saw the pictures, jim carrey is bald lol
What?! What was he thinking?? Does it look as bad as I'm imagining??
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I thought liv Tylers hair was terrible.
Babygal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I thought liv Tylers hair was terrible.
Julia Robert's hair looked gorgeous
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (227)
43.32%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.37%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.34%

Watched Threads