Applying abroad to study medicine (Romania, Bulgaria etc)..NEED HELP !!! Watch

almays88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Craiova is fantastic it is a brilliant Uni with zero corruption. However that is only from what I have seen so far
sofiama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by almays88)
Hey last year I applied to carol Davila and there were about 40 students (around 35 applied through plus med) from the UK, all got rejected and they don't care about your grades, all that matters is the English test results. I also got rejected so I decided to go along with around 15 British students to Craiova since it is the biggest medical Uni in Romania with the biggest hospital.
I love it here at the moment and the university organise elections and allow students to take control of the organisation of the course and there are so many opportunities to do practical work in the hospital and clinics here. The city is great with lots to do and a great night life and funny enough it is a lot safer than majority of UK cities which is something I didn't expect before coming here.

If you have any question send me a message ?
hi,i really think we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)??
sofiama
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andis999)
Hi,

Im at carol davila - 2nd year, i would advise not to come here. Arad is terrible. Cluj is the best university but very difficult to get into, they only accept people with more or less straight A's but you'll need to pass science related enterance exam aswel...Iasi is fairly decent, there is no entrance exam but again you'll need top grades, they offer admissions on a point system which is developed according to your grades, personal statement, work experience etc...
I have visited every uni here & seem to like Constanta the best, the place is really nice & i am transferring there this year. I contacted the uni who put me through to their trusted approved agent who is arranging my transfer.
Personally i think cluj is the best, followed closely by constanta...i would advise that you consider it
hi,i really think we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)??
sofiama
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nsl)
You have an excellent chance of getting a place. I'm not sure what the agenda of the previous poster is. I have been to Bucharest and that is not the imformation I have. The main thing is passing this English language exam. Yes, sometimes UK students have failed it because they haven't taken it seriously, or perhaps although they are UK citizens English is not their native language. The test does require you to have a good standard of English language, correct spelling and grammar etc. The lady I spoke with said some students had used 'texting language'. Well of course they're going to fail!
The other entrance exam which is more competitive is only for those who speak Romanian. Check out medxl.co.uk they have all info. I made contact with them recently and they were so helpful and in the UK too. In your case anything prior to A levels doesn't matter. The complicated thing is the actual admissions process.
sofiama
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nsl)
I went to Bucharest personally and was told by the actual staff in the department - not by medxl or any company - by the Faculty themselves. They told me that all the British that applied were of other ethnicities and many had what they considered to be "a poor standard of English spelling and grammar" and didn't take the exam at all seriously and some didn't speak English at home. They said that the exam does test proper traditional English grammar and many students educated in countries with more traditional education systems ie Africa and India were better prepared to pass the language exam than students from Britain because we don't teach English grammar in schools here anymore. They also said some students had used 'u' instead of 'you'.
sofiama
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jaam14)
Hey i have applied to constanta uni for 6yrs program. got positive feedback from the agent.
is there any1 here who have applied for constanta Romania????
hi,I am interested in Constanta as well.But I really believe we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)?? :confused:
sofiama
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Actually I'm new in this forum and I didn't know how to contact all of you at once..now I know! :P sorry :-D So,does anyone have information about what are we gonna do after graduation?I don't wonna enter a uni whose degree will just hang on my bedroom's wall.I want to be sure,before I spend my family's last penny,that after I graduate I will be able to find a place for the specialty I'll follow.Is UK gonna like my romanian degree or the strungle to medicine will continue? :confused::confused:
vfest
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
However, when applying, take all advice into consideration- even though people may have had bad experiences with certain agencies, I also know some people that got in with very little/no stress whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EXPRESSANDINSPIRE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have been considering UMF Iasi as well. I will be applying without an agent - Many people have applied successfully without one.
nsl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sofiama)
How many docs in the UK do you think actually graduated in the EU - a huge number graduated in India, Pakistan, Nigeria etc. Over 2000 docs who qualified in ROmania work in UK as docs - all you need to do it ask GMC under a Freedom of Information request!
UKLAD
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have spoken with doctors, hospitals and the GMC about this issue and they all assured me that as long as I am an UK citizen I can fit back into the UK system easily because romania is an EU country and All the Government Universties adhere to the EU and UK standard.

hope that helps

(Original post by sofiama)
hi,I am interested in Constanta as well.But I really believe we should think about the future as well.so let's say that i manage to enter a romanian university,and after 6 years i graduate.what am i gonna do then??CAN I find a job in UK???or apply for a medical specialty??or are they gonna reject me for not having a british degree or a degree from any other europian-VIP country (for example France or Sweden)?? :confused:
Arran.Williamson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by almays88)
Hi Everyone, I see many of you are intrested in coming to Romania to study Medicine. At the moment, I study at Craiova Medical School in English with many British Students (who all came to Bucharest Last year and were rejected after the English Exam). MedLink Students are now organising for all british applicants to apply to the university of craiova to study medicine and they will be conducting interviews in July. Application process will be openning very soon in the UK, we will keep you updated.

The University is only likely to Except Medical Students from the UK this year, that is why MedLink Students are only allowed to register UK students for the first year. Students with a degree could be considered for entry directly into the second Year of English course.
This is a facebook page showing the uni and a few students:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Med...337006?fref=ts
And how much exactly does medlink charge ? for services does it require, do we have to notorise the documents ourselves? and if you tell me there is a deposit, how much is it and what are the terms for securing it back....btw a letter from the ministry of education is not an 'acceptance letter' it's just document stating equivalence.

I just tore studymedabroad apart, they were frauds, they don't do anything and charge 3000 euros which you'll most likely never see again....always read the contracts people!!!! and always find out what needs to be done so that you know what they expect you to do and what they are actually doing themselves, usually nothing.
Arran.Williamson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andis999)
Hi,

Im at carol davila - 2nd year, i would advise not to come here. Arad is terrible. Cluj is the best university but very difficult to get into, they only accept people with more or less straight A's but you'll need to pass science related enterance exam aswel...Iasi is fairly decent, there is no entrance exam but again you'll need top grades, they offer admissions on a point system which is developed according to your grades, personal statement, work experience etc...
I have visited every uni here & seem to like Constanta the best, the place is really nice & i am transferring there this year. I contacted the uni who put me through to their trusted approved agent who is arranging my transfer.
Personally i think cluj is the best, followed closely by constanta...i would advise that you consider it

You're clearly not in Carol Davila if you think it's in Arad!??!?!?!?!?
Arad is a completely different town, carol davila is in BUCURESTI
Border
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone interested in applying for medicine in Bulgaria?(Medical University of Sofia,Varna Medical University or The Pleven Medical University).I'm from Ireland and expect to get "at least" an B in chem and Bio will that be enough for entry into medicine in these colleges?

AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi.

It appears the Romanian and Bulgarian universities are less competitive in comparison to British ones (for medicine anyway). Are there any other EU countries like this? Or are most on par with Britain in terms of the difficulty and popularity of applying to medicine?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arran.Williamson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Hi.

It appears the Romanian and Bulgarian universities are less competitive in comparison to British ones (for medicine anyway). Are there any other EU countries like this? Or are most on par with Britain in terms of the difficulty and popularity of applying to medicine?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loads, I can't remember them all of the top of my head but a google search of study medicine in English abroad will reveal them to you

I know Hungry, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and the Czech Republic are in the same sort of ball park. (most European countries now offer an option to study in English)
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arran.Williamson)
Loads, I can't remember them all of the top of my head but a google search of study medicine in English abroad will reveal them to you

I know Hungry, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and the Czech Republic are in the same sort of ball park. (most European countries now offer an option to study in English)
Thanks a lot So it's mainly Eastern European?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arran.Williamson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AspiringMedic8)
Thanks a lot So it's mainly Eastern European?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, you can find them all over Europe, they are just cheaper in Eastern Europe
Snazzyprince
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello people can some one guide me how I can apply to German hospital for masters degree?
I have graduated from jilin university,china
Any clue guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arran.Williamson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Snazzyprince)
Hello people can some one guide me how I can apply to German hospital for masters degree?
I have graduated from jilin university,china
Any clue guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll have to be mores specific, what do you mean a masters degree in a hospital?
I would advise you try to contact the hospitals you have found the course at, are you sure you don't mean to apply to an affiliated university?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads