The Student Room Group

Applying abroad to study medicine (Romania, Bulgaria etc)..NEED HELP !!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
anyone?
Reply 81
Original post by 128arin
any iasi applicants out there??

I don't know you bro but you should go to Sofia haha
Reply 82
Original post by Janjua
anyone?

i am doing my residency in orthopaedics in constanta. THE tuition fees is 5000 euro. you also have to pay an application fee. Accomodation for a two bedroom flat for a month is about 200 - 250 Euro, 1 room - 150 Euro. You bills; Electricity, heating and internet is about 100 USD a month if its winter and 50USD if its summer.

However you must start searching on time as the good and cheap ones get easily taken before october due to new students and landlords changing their tenants.

transportation is quite cheap and the city is nice.
Reply 83
Original post by miminetics
i am doing my residency in orthopaedics in constanta. THE tuition fees is 5000 euro. you also have to pay an application fee. Accomodation for a two bedroom flat for a month is about 200 - 250 Euro, 1 room - 150 Euro. You bills; Electricity, heating and internet is about 100 USD a month if its winter and 50USD if its summer.

However you must start searching on time as the good and cheap ones get easily taken before october due to new students and landlords changing their tenants.

transportation is quite cheap and the city is nice.

Hi, First thanks for replying but, secondly I was going to apply through EUNICAS and they stated that tuition fee was 3800 euros? Is this wrong? I am applying from the UK so how do I search for accomodation from here?And also, do you mind if I ask you what grades did you get in your Alevels if you did them in the UK? Thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Hi!
So I would like to know if I have a chance of getting into Medical School in romania, and if so which ones?
I have an IB diploma but unfortunately when I was 16 and had to pick my subjects, I had no idea what i wanted to do for the rest of my life and so did not pick chemistry, physics, or bio for my final exams. I did get good grades in the subjects i did take though
I have some volunteer work in the medical field
I have a 2: 1 Bachelors degree for the UK in psychology with neuropsychology
After deciding that i wanted to become a doctor, I spent the last year of my bachelor self teaching myself IB level physics, chem and bio, which then allowed me to enroll into medical school in france.
Problem is that they have a numerus clausus system, where 1500 science students compete for 219 places to second year
Sadly and despite my efforts, I came just short of the numerus clausus and now have the choice between repeating the year in france for one last chance or applying to romania.
I have extensively studied anatomy, chemistry, biochem, physics, pharmacology, biology ect...over this part year.
Many thanks!!!!! Advice would be much appreciated on which universities I have the best chance with!:colondollar:
Reply 85
Original post by Janjua
Hi, First thanks for replying but, secondly I was going to apply through EUNICAS and they stated that tuition fee was 3800 euros? Is this wrong? I am applying from the UK so how do I search for accomodation from here?And also, do you mind if I ask you what grades did you get in your Alevels if you did them in the UK? Thanks.

The information is wrong. The tuition fee is 5000 euro. It was just increased recently. We even had a discussion with the rector recently about it. For accomodation is dependent on what you want. Most people share with others and some stay alone. The requirements are just credits in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English in O levels. If you have A levels is a plus for you. When you arrive you will take a test in Biology, chemistry and english.
Reply 86
HI all, I am thinking about applying to study medicine abroad (a bit late I know) and was wondering which country is the best to go to? A lot of this discussion has been about Romania but is that the best place to go to? I am interested in studying in Italy but I have been told it is very corrupt there, would it be better to study in Romania? And also is Eunicas a safe company to use to apply? I would really appreciate any information you have! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by miminetics
The information is wrong. The tuition fee is 5000 euro. It was just increased recently. We even had a discussion with the rector recently about it. For accomodation is dependent on what you want. Most people share with others and some stay alone. The requirements are just credits in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English in O levels. If you have A levels is a plus for you. When you arrive you will take a test in Biology, chemistry and english.

Oh thank you very much yes I emailed the uni and they gave me that exact fee figure. But, she hardly said anything about these tests you speak of? so, if you don't pass any of these tests is that it?
Reply 88
Hi, guys just some info for people applying to the uni of constanta. I emailed the uni directly asking them what they needed and this is what they told me,

The deadline for this admission period is 15th of July, but you can register in autumn too, from the 1st to the 25th of September 2013.

The file application must contain the following, in two copies:

a. Statutory Declaration
b. Declaration regarding the file application
c. Recognition of studies abroad Certificate or “Atestat” (for recognition of the High-school studies; issued by the Ministry of National Education) or Application for Recognition of Studies for Enrolment to Undergraduate Studies for citizens from EU, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
d. Application for the Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance to Studies for citizens from EU third countries
e. High-school Diploma:
- original document certified for authentication by the Embassy of Romania to the issuer country or endorsed with the Apostille of Hague, certified copy and certified Romanian translation for citizens from EU third countries
- original document, certified copy and certified Romanian translation - for citizens from EU, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
f. High-school Transcript:
- original document certified for authentication by the Embassy of Romania to the issuer country or endorsed with the Apostille of Hague, certified copy and certified Romanian translation for citizens from EU third countries
- original document, certified copy and certified Romanian translation - for citizens from EU, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
g. Romanian Language Proficiency certificate or Graduation Certificate of the Romanian Language Preparatory Year (for Romanian Language study programmes)
h. Birth certificate (certified copy and certified Romanian translation)
i. Marriage certificate (certified copy and certified Romanian translation), for married candidates who changed their names
j. Copy of the pages 1-4 of the Passport
k. Copy of another identity card (if there is)
l. Medical certificate (stating the ability to undergo studies at the University and that one is not a carrier for any contagious disease or something that endangers the profession, must contain the results from the set of analysis in lung and blood diseases), with validity up to 6 (six) months and certified Romanian translation;
m. 4 (four) colour photos (I.D. card type)
n. copy of the payment receipt for the file application fee: 150 EUR;
o. copy of the payment receipt for the registration fee for admission: 350 EUR;
p. copy of the payment receipt for the matriculation fee: 100 EUR;
q. Power of attorney (if one does not register the file personally); a time period of validity must be specified
r. envelope file (for inserting all the documents).

The file applications will be registered at the secretariat of the Vice-Rector for Education and Lifelong Learning (Mamaia Avenue no.124, Constanţa).

We do not accept files sent by e-mail or by Post.

The fee for Medicine (six years of study) is 5000 EUR/year. The exam for foreign students consists of an English Language Proficiency Test (the fee for the test is 350 EUR).

After they pass the test, the candidates will be matriculated at the Faculty (the fee is 100 EUR).

The period for the deposition of the files is 1 June 2013 15 July 2013.

If you want a grant as a foreign student, you will have to check personally for some information and register your file at our Ministry of Education. The university cannot do that for you.

Please be sure to check our website for further information and for downloading the forms we require (Statutory Declaration, Declaration regarding the file application,Application for Atestat):
http://admission.univ-ovidius.ro/admission/documents/.

Thank you!
Best regards,

Cornelia Bobe

Hope this helps....I am applying this week unfortunately since I found about the uni quite late:frown: but hoping for the best nonetheless:colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by lilyjay
HI all, I am thinking about applying to study medicine abroad (a bit late I know) and was wondering which country is the best to go to? A lot of this discussion has been about Romania but is that the best place to go to? I am interested in studying in Italy but I have been told it is very corrupt there, would it be better to study in Romania? And also is Eunicas a safe company to use to apply? I would really appreciate any information you have! :smile:

I was going to apply through EUNICAS but the fee for ovidius constanta uni (I am interested in this one) was quite low on there but when I emailed the uni itself they said it was 5000 euros rather than the 3800 euros stated on EUNICAS. Also, the deadline is 15th July rather than the 31st July stated there...so I don't know:confused:
Reply 90
Do we have to take the english proficiency exam if we have passed our High School diploma in english? (as well as completed a Bachelors degree in english in the UK in my case) They want 350 euros to pass this test, plus going there for that cost a very expensive 500-600 plane ticket, plus somehwere to stay ect...all that for an english test....

Original post by Janjua
Hi, guys just some info for people applying to the uni of constanta. I emailed the uni directly asking them what they needed and this is what they told me,

The deadline for this admission period is 15th of July, but you can register in autumn too, from the 1st to the 25th of September 2013.

The file application must contain the following, in two copies:

a. Statutory Declaration
b. Declaration regarding the file application
c. Recognition of studies abroad Certificate or “Atestat” (for recognition of the High-school studies; issued by the Ministry of National Education) or Application for Recognition of Studies for Enrolment to Undergraduate Studies for citizens from EU, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation
d. Application for the Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance to Studies for citizens from EU third countries
e. High-school Diploma:
f. High-school Transcript:
g. Romanian Language Proficiency certificate or Graduation Certificate of the Romanian Language Preparatory Year (for Romanian Language study programmes)
h. Birth certificate (certified copy and certified Romanian translation)
i. Marriage certificate (certified copy and certified Romanian translation), for married candidates who changed their names
j. Copy of the pages 1-4 of the Passport
k. Copy of another identity card (if there is)
l. Medical certificate (stating the ability to undergo studies at the University and that one is not a carrier for any contagious disease or something that endangers the profession, must contain the results from the set of analysis in lung and blood diseases), with validity up to 6 (six) months and certified Romanian translation;
m. 4 (four) colour photos (I.D. card type)
n. copy of the payment receipt for the file application fee: 150 EUR;
o. copy of the payment receipt for the registration fee for admission: 350 EUR;
p. copy of the payment receipt for the matriculation fee: 100 EUR;
q. Power of attorney (if one does not register the file personally); a time period of validity must be specified
r. envelope file (for inserting all the documents).

The file applications will be registered at the secretariat of the Vice-Rector for Education and Lifelong Learning (Mamaia Avenue no.124, Constanţa).

We do not accept files sent by e-mail or by Post.

The fee for Medicine (six years of study) is 5000 EUR/year. The exam for foreign students consists of an English Language Proficiency Test (the fee for the test is 350 EUR).

After they pass the test, the candidates will be matriculated at the Faculty (the fee is 100 EUR).

The period for the deposition of the files is 1 June 2013 15 July 2013.

If you want a grant as a foreign student, you will have to check personally for some information and register your file at our Ministry of Education. The university cannot do that for you.

Please be sure to check our website for further information and for downloading the forms we require (Statutory Declaration, Declaration regarding the file application,Application for Atestat):
http://admission.univ-ovidius.ro/admission/documents/.

Thank you!
Best regards,

Cornelia Bobe

Hope this helps....I am applying this week unfortunately since I found about the uni quite late:frown: but hoping for the best nonetheless:colondollar:
Reply 91
Original post by Arran.Williamson
1. Do you have to take it - yes, I'm in the same boat, I'm English, took a Degree in England and have English qualifications.

2. It costs 350 euros- I have been led to believe that those who have done thier diplomas (uni or school) in an English speaking country and in English do not have to pay for this test (but they must take it).

3. The process is a lot of money- Even with finding a place to stay, it'll be so much cheaper than staying in the UK for that time, just from living expenses alone (you would be coming less that an month early), plus you're not taking into account 9000pounds vs 5000 euro tuition. Surely you would want to go there that early so you can check it all our and make sure you're settled before the course starts?

4. Plane tickets- I booked with BA last week to leave on the 31st, it cost me £156, that's not even a budget airline, you must only be looking at business class or something? surely if money is that tight you would look into wizz air or blue air....

Hi can I ask if we can transfer from say any uni in Romania to another uni abroad like say hungary or in the UK?

Also, I have been told to stay away from Iasi and constanta medical uni as they are corrupt and charge a lot? Obviously, I am applying to constanta so I hope this is not the case. Can you shed some light on this if you know anything? Thank you.
Reply 92
Original post by Arran.Williamson
1. Do you have to take it - yes, I'm in the same boat, I'm English, took a Degree in England and have English qualifications.

2. It costs 350 euros- I have been led to believe that those who have done thier diplomas (uni or school) in an English speaking country and in English do not have to pay for this test (but they must take it).

3. The process is a lot of money- Even with finding a place to stay, it'll be so much cheaper than staying in the UK for that time, just from living expenses alone (you would be coming less that an month early), plus you're not taking into account 9000pounds vs 5000 euro tuition. Surely you would want to go there that early so you can check it all our and make sure you're settled before the course starts?

4. Plane tickets- I booked with BA last week to leave on the 31st, it cost me £156, that's not even a budget airline, you must only be looking at business class or something? surely if money is that tight you would look into wizz air or blue air....

Ok thanx for the info, but I am not sure that just because ur english u dont have to pay for the test, I know they do that for Carol Davila, but there is no mention of it for Constanta....
And no of course I was not looking at business class, unlike some I have to fund this myself entirely, not sponsored by bank of mum and dad so excuse me if im tring to keep on budget. I was actually looking at the local airline Tarom, and that was their price range, I never would have though, especially BA, would be cheaper, so thanx for the tip!!! :smile:
Sent my applications off this morning! :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by Car0y
Ok thanx for the info, but I am not sure that just because ur english u dont have to pay for the test, I know they do that for Carol Davila, but there is no mention of it for Constanta....
And no of course I was not looking at business class, unlike some I have to fund this myself entirely, not sponsored by bank of mum and dad so excuse me if im tring to keep on budget. I was actually looking at the local airline Tarom, and that was their price range, I never would have though, especially BA, would be cheaper, so thanx for the tip!!! :smile:
Sent my applications off this morning! :biggrin:

Good Luck!
Reply 94
Hey everyone!
I'm going to start studying medicine in Cluj, I got my confirmation a bit late so now I'm trying to find some accommodation relatively quickly...I'll be going there sometime next week but in the mean time can someone tell me where I can find a website or agency for shared rooms? I'm looking to share a room with someone, preferably female flatmate, not too far out form the uni.
And hey! if anyone of you is also starting there, lets get int touch!!
Reply 95
Hello guys!!

I've been thinking of applying for medicine in 2014.

So far, only 3 unis have captured my interest :

Carol Davila
Ovidius
and Cluj.

Which of them is better?
Or more recognized?
I'd like to go work in the UK or the US. Will I be ok?

Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by St.
Hello guys!!

I've been thinking of applying for medicine in 2014.

So far, only 3 unis have captured my interest :

Carol Davila
Ovidius
and Cluj.

Which of them is better?
Or more recognized?
I'd like to go work in the UK or the US. Will I be ok?

Please enlighten me! Thanks in advance! :smile:

hi mate yeah I think outa those cluj is the best and yeah u can work in the uk coz ull get a European degree so no PLAB but u will have to give the USMLE.
Reply 97
Original post by almays88
Hey last year I applied to carol Davila and there were about 40 students (around 35 applied through plus med) from the UK, all got rejected and they don't care about your grades, all that matters is the English test results. I also got rejected so I decided to go along with around 15 British students to Craiova since it is the biggest medical Uni in Romania with the biggest hospital.
I love it here at the moment and the university organise elections and allow students to take control of the organisation of the course and there are so many opportunities to do practical work in the hospital and clinics here. The city is great with lots to do and a great night life and funny enough it is a lot safer than majority of UK cities which is something I didn't expect before coming here.

If you have any question send me a message ?

Hello, I am applying to Craiova. I have lived in the United Kingdom all my life and have graduated from University in the United Kingdom, can you tell me if I am still required to do the English test in Craiova UMF?

Kind regards
Reply 98
Original post by annaosei87
Hello, I am applying to Craiova. I have lived in the United Kingdom all my life and have graduated from University in the United Kingdom, can you tell me if I am still required to do the English test in Craiova UMF?

Kind regards

From my understanding you will need to do the exam. Are you applying through an agency though?
Reply 99
Hi everyone!If you thinking of applying for medicine in 2014/15 and you’re looking for other medical schools in vicinity and to study in English try these four university medical schools: University of Split, University of Zagreb, University of Belgrade and University of Novi Sad.

Split is interesting because it has USMLE or MCC testing incorporated into the curriculum. Otherwise you can do testing separately. Admissions are usually dependent on core high school grades plus admission test. English language test are only for those who didn’t finish English schools or their first language isn’t English…..etc. I hope it helps as first information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending