Turn on thread page Beta

Sheffield Halls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Footnote:

Toffs = Tapton.
    Really I nearly applied for Tapton.

They really should tell you stuff like this in the prospectus, like the back of Broad lane has all the prostitutes on would have been good info too.

(Original post by hohum)
    lol..."toff" is a slang word for the upper class i guess...but not all the upper class...just those who see being upper class and having a public school education as being better than others.
    hmm.. all these news words i'm going to have to learn when i reach the UK! ... I can see myself saying 'wha?... say that again?... whatchu said? ... over and over again!

btw.. my first thought was that a 'toff' was a tough-looking person to be avoided at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trinigyal)
    btw.. my first thought was that a 'toff' was a tough-looking person to be avoided at all costs.
    You might find this useful

http://www.urbandictionary.com

(Original post by viviki)
    You might find this useful

http://www.urbandictionary.com
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Would you (anyone) say its a good idea to go for a larger hall like ranmoor with about 700 students? or a smaller one like Stephenson? At ranmoor they'll be more people and therefor more chance of finding people you like, but then it could be quite daunting and unhomely, whereas Stephenson may be more friendly....but then I might not like anyone and be stuck with them....choices choices! What hall are you thinking trinygyal?

(Original post by hohum)
    Would you (anyone) say its a good idea to go for a larger hall like ranmoor with about 700 students? or a smaller one like Stephenson? At ranmoor they'll be more people and therefor more chance of finding people you like, but then it could be quite daunting and unhomely, whereas Stephenson may be more friendly....but then I might not like anyone and be stuck with them....choices choices! What hall are you thinking trinygyal?
    Well to be honest, I haven't reached the 'time to choose accomodation' stage yet! Still waiting on responses from some universities, although I already got my offer from sheffield. Personally I think that I might want the bigger hall to get a chance to meet lots of people, at least for the first year. I'm supposed to visit sometime in April so i guess I can make a decision when I actually see for myself.

ReputationRep:
    anyone ever had the burgers at bar one????

very nice burgers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyreid)
    anyone ever had the burgers at bar one????

very nice burgers

"One to Go"

Quality stuff - tis the size of the Supersize Fries for 80p that amazes me !

It's just too easy to spend a couple of quid there when you're watching sport or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    "One to Go"

Quality stuff - tis the size of the Supersize Fries for 80p that amazes me !

It's just too easy to spend a couple of quid there when you're watching sport or something.
    Their veggie nuggats are really really really nice. And their veggie burgers are pretty good too, it keeps me happy anyway.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.