The Student Room Group

GCSE Grade Boundaries 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think my school lied about entering us for remarks :colondollar:

Although we still have a week before its been a month... So this week we get remarks... Should anyway!!

And yesterday was the deadline fir November entries... So now no matter what I get in the remarks I have to resit :angry:

That Sucks, Im on Gap Year & Im planning my sixth-form open days again in oct-nov time :L for Sep 2013-14 hate having to go through all that application again..

Have to go to my local college in january because they can only do june exam entries no earlier option. :redface: well got my driving exam to look forward to in 2weeks on my b day x.D:u:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
That Sucks, Im on Gap Year & Im planning my sixth-form open days again in oct-nov time :L for Sep 2013-14 hate having to go through all that application again..

Have to go to my local college in january because they can only do june exam entries no earlier option. :redface: well got my driving exam to look forward to in 2weeks on my b day x.D:u:

Aww :console: that sucks! You changing your mind about them then?

Wow! That's good then, make the most of it :wink:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:
Reply 582
Okay firstly this i don't get all they ever do is raise the grade boundaries for GCSE science on biology B1 exam i got d but if i took it now i would of got an e? Just had my biology retake on friday and didn't fell that confident on the six mark questions but did mostly on the rest and now the grade boundaries for b2 biology are even higher then B1's now wtf??? I hate Edexcel so much i guess i'm going to fail again thanks to grade boundaries rising stupid exam board.
Original post by BO$$MAN
Okay firstly this i don't get all they ever do is raise the grade boundaries for GCSE science on biology B1 exam i got d but if i took it now i would of got an e? Just had my biology retake on friday and didn't fell that confident on the six mark questions but did mostly on the rest and now the grade boundaries for b2 biology are even higher then B1's now wtf??? I hate Edexcel so much i guess i'm going to fail again thanks to grade boundaries rising stupid exam board.

The grade boundaries are not released yet so you don't know if they're going to raise
Reply 584
Does anyone know the raw and ums grade boundaries to achieve a grade c in b2 biology in march 2013? I hope at has decreases not increased otherwise all hope is gone down the drain and a lot of revision and i'll probably be set back and put into a BTEC group for science :frown:
Reply 585
Original post by Captain Anonymous
The grade boundaries are not released yet so you don't know if they're going to raise

I really hope your right for my sake!
Original post by BO$$MAN
I really hope your right for my sake!

Your panacking too much! Keep calm, what exam board are you on? have you seen the thread for this exam - what others thought about it and what they think the predicted grade boundaries are?
Reply 587
Your panacking too much! Keep calm, what exam board are you on? have you seen the thread for this exam - what others thought about it and what they think the predicted grade boundaries are?

Im sorry i can't keep calm and if the grade boundaries have rised again and i will fail once again i cant go through that again I've put so much hard work and effort into it and has backfired on me? BTW im on edexcel due to november 2012 grade boundaries you need at least 39 out 60 for a c but im afraid it probably going to be like 42 out 60 this time or something? It's like they don't want want anyone to succeed or something????
Original post by BO$$MAN
Im sorry i can't keep calm and if the grade boundaries have rised again and i will fail once again i cant go through that again I've put so much hard work and effort into it and has backfired on me? BTW im on edexcel due to november 2012 grade boundaries you need at least 39 out 60 for a c but im afraid it probably going to be like 42 out 60 this time or something? It's like they don't want want anyone to succeed or something????

Find the exam thread for your exam and see what others have to say about it. I'm not of much use then, as i'm on AQA. When do you get your result on thursday?
Reply 589
Find the exam thread for your exam and see what others have to say about it. I'm not of much use then, as i'm on AQA. When do you get your result on thursday?

Thats the problem i just took my exam last friday and its too recent so they havent uploaded anything about march 2013 gcse science grades, they are obviously deciding whether it should be increases or decreased i reckon they are going to increases them cuz there evil!
Original post by BO$$MAN

No, they set boundaries depending on how hard the paper was and on how well candidates performed on it. If it was an easier paper and candidates do well on it, the grade boundaries go higher. They do want you to succeed you know! :tongue:

Also, this thread is for last years results day. For grade boundaries discussion for this exam season, please post on this thread instead. :smile:
Reply 591
Sorry im new to student room
Reply 592
i know its 4 years later but can someone tell me what grade they got for religious studies edexcel GCSE, code: 2rs01... in 2012 june

i thinnk mines wrongg lol..
The reason for this is because, although i do not agree with their changes, the gcse exam boards are getting negative feedback in regards to the 'harshness of their marking', them accommodating only the 'most able students'. (Part i do agree with) Since the exam boards revolve around the standards of the typical population, usually public school student (most of which are average students), they have lowered the grade boundaries considerably. Fundamentally, when the boards believe that there are too little a stars or too many a stars the grade boundaries change, thus, the fluctuation.

Quick Reply

Latest