Turn on thread page Beta

Useless facts and Opinions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Thats the biggest load of **** ive ever heard! I live in Queensland's capital and i can assure you that is not true...

Thanks for all the facts everyone!
    there you go. You live in the capital. What about the massive area around the capital. The other parts of Queensland.

ReputationRep:
    a burmese king in 1400whatever laughed himself to death when he heard venice had no king.

there is a small 6inch long fish in the amazon that can travel up the uretha of a person urinating in the water, and...er...it gets itself stuck...lol

ReputationRep:
    Legislation is the same in all parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    there is a small 6inch long fish in the amazon that can travel up the uretha of a person urinating in the water, and...er...it gets itself stuck...lol
    *bzzzzzzzzz* Wrooong!

ReputationRep:
    Here's a useless opinion for you.
    I HATE the way people are supposed to be ashamed of liking certain types of music. Like the way some people would describe liking Busted as a "guilty pleasure" - I loathe the fact tht we're only supposed to lie certain types of music. If you hear a song and you like it, then what's the problem? Why is it shameful to admit to liking some things? We don't choose our taste in music, yet we're always judged on it.

I used to vigilantly hide the fact that I liked "hit me baby one more time", cos at the time my main music interest was hip-hop, and it would have been social suicide to admit it. But then I realised, I like the damn song, and what's wrong with that?! Aaaaaaagh!! It REALLY pisses me off.

I now listen to pretty much anything: UK hip-hop, musicals, drum&bass, bubbegum pop, euphoric trance, trip-hop, opera.... and I'm not ashamed of ANY of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Because of musical snobs who believe their 'elitist' music is superior and therefore 'better' and that 'chart' music has no artisitic value. Buffoons! Don't listen to it if you don't like it, and don't **** off any music because its neither good nor bad you either like it or you don't. If you automatically reject music that's been 'manufactured' and only listen to 'proper' music then are you really judging the music on its artisitic merit or just trying to be elitist?
    Yes! But I'm not talking about artistic merit, only what people are willing to admit to listening to. I know that, say, the Spice Girls had virtually no artistic merit at all, but I still liked them because they were fun. If I want to listen to high quality I'll listen to.... umm.... Radiohead, or the B minor mass.
    Fair enough that some people only listen to that stuff because it IS artistically better (in their opinion and mine), but like you say, no-one's in a position to **** off other types of music, cos then you ARE getting elitist.
    (That was all rather clumsily expressed, please excuse me - sleep deficit)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.