The Student Room Group
Reply 1
samd294
Any recommendations for first year accomodation at UCL next year? I'm doing Law.

Ramsay Hall! There are loads of lawyers there! Despite the frequent alarm bell at 3am in the morning (seriously can happen four-five times a week, the brigade is sent out everytime). RH is massive and is located just off Tottenham Court, would take you like 2 mins to get to UCL. Its literally the best place to stay for waking up at 850am!
Reply 2
aliel
Ramsay Hall! There are loads of lawyers there! Despite the frequent alarm bell at 3am in the morning (seriously can happen four-five times a week, the brigade is sent out everytime). RH is massive and is located just off Tottenham Court, would take you like 2 mins to get to UCL. Its literally the best place to stay for waking up at 850am!

yeah 2 of my mates are there. its more near warren street though
Reply 3
How does housing work for 2nd and 3rd years @ UCL. Does UCL offer housing after the 1st year or are you suppose to find your own place?
Reply 4
u share a flat with ppl after the first year
Reply 5
olive
yeah 2 of my mates are there. its more near warren street though

Only like perhaps 2 mins closer, Euston Square is literally as close.
Reply 6
Hey

Yeh I'm in the same position. I have an offer to read law and french law in September at UCL, but I'm not sure what accomodation to send off for. Any advice at all?! Catered/self catered?
Reply 7
ooh gd lots of other ucl ppl!! i have an offer for medicine and am putting it as my firm. r u guys putting it as your firm? i am going to apply for catered because you get to meet loads of ppl quickly that way!
Reply 8
yeh i think i will be, I have to wait for lse's reply first though that could be some time! yeh catered is the way to go, if i didnt do that Id end up going home for dinner each night (I only live about 10 miles away in North Surrey), I would never bother to cook for myself I'm not that bothered about food!
Reply 9
hey... i got an offer 4 economics at UCL n also have to send in tht application for residence thingy... anyone got any suggestions which catered halls would have the most chance of being given a room with an en suite bathroom type thing?? haha im not so wild about the idea of having to walk down a corridor n share one with 15 other ppl...
Reply 10
people - go for self catered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do u really want school dinners for the next year?... my friends at ramsay this year he says the food is disgusting lol.... and also u wud hav 2 plan everyhting around the set dinner times and if u miss it cz of going out or watever its money down the drain....... this is the time to learn to cook! i dont think any of the catered halls are en suite...

go to the ucl website, they have a student forum and its not as active as this one but it has people giving advice on accomodation. i wud say go to that if u want bits of info.. lol not that im an expert on anything!

ct123 - r u gna b accepting ucl as ur firm for econ? cz im probs going to as well how exciting..

lol ill probs pop home once a week or so for some good home cooked food as it wont take me that long... just live in north london so its a few stops on the underground :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending