Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Taking coins to the bank... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got some coin bags from my bank - they look exactly like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=no+...91&tx=71&ty=49

But I'm a bit confused. For example: can I put £1 worth of coins in a bag where the coins are 1p and 2p coins OR can I only put £1 worth in 1p coins only or 2p coins only?

Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    One type of coin to a bag - it's so they can weigh it and tell how much there is in there.

ReputationRep:
    In one bag, you can put £1 in 1p or 2p, i.e. 100 pennies or 50 2 pence coins, etc etc. Make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lp386)
    One type of coin to a bag - it's so they can weigh it and tell how much there is in there.

(Original post by flown_muse)
    In one bag, you can put £1 in 1p or 2p, i.e. 100 pennies or 50 2 pence coins, etc etc. Make sense?

^^^ this ^^^

Hence the printed "No Mixed Coins"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone XD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    It should say (on mine it does anyway) the amounts they accept. Something like £20 of £1 or £2 coins, £10 of 50ps, etc.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.