This discussion is closed.
Timmy Tapeworm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When I took my driving test, I knocked off the wing mirror, swerved onto the pavement and made the examiner shout at me. He had to abort the test in the "interest of public safety".

I never took a driving test again.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Timmy Tapeworm)
When I took my driving test, I knocked off the wing mirror, swerved onto the pavement and made the examiner shout at me. He had to abort the test in the "interest of public safety".

lol

i got lucky, i only saw 1 other moving vehicle, and the test only lasted 15 minutes.
cherub_rock
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
Ask your instructor what your main weak points are and work on them before the test. Practise makes perfect.

The important thing to remember is that most people don't pass first time, so if you don't pass it doesn't matter. Don't compare your driving to other people's - just try your best and try not to panic.

Listen to a really good song that makes you happy just before you leave the house. Dance around to it to get your frustration out! It worked for me!
Crazy! that's exactly what I did! Before my instructor picked me up for my test I played a song which made me feel really happy and just sang along. It put me in the right mood and I was able to talk to the examiner about loads of things. I was saying things like "oh...I REALLY want to be able to drive in time for summer" (it was may, so I thought I'd try and make him feel bad if he failed me!) and I wasn't nervous at all. I passed even though I made a massive mistake and almost drove down a 'no entry' road, I broke so hard the examiner nearly went out the windscreen! So, be nice and it might help.
barbiegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 MINORS

WAS SUCH A GOOD DRIVE, really quiet and was last out and first back only lasted 20 mins...also i had the cheif examiner in the back examining my examiner it was slightly scary!!!!!!!!!!!
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by barbiegirl)

WAS SUCH A GOOD DRIVE, really quiet and was last out and first back only lasted 20 mins...also i had the cheif examiner in the back examining my examiner it was slightly scary!!!!!!!!!!!
Aww congrats!! Great feeling no?!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

well done 2 minors is seriously, seriously good.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Congratulations!! I told you it wouldn't be so bad
barbiegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yey am so happy
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Timmy Tapeworm)

mine was stopped in the interest of public safety as well and i was relaly worried cos i hadnt thought it had been going THAT badly.

Turned out it was atcually that (it was snowing) he had decided the weather was too bad and that was why we had to stop

Rosie
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.14%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.72%
Look for a job (16)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.45%
Take a year out (82)
17.37%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.93%

Watched Threads