Which cigarettes/tobacco do you go for? Watch

VioletsAreBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
*DISCLAIMER: I'm not promoting smoking in any way - I am merely curious as to which cigarettes/tobacco people tend to go for*

So every few months I buy a 20 pack of cigarettes and tend to go for Marlboro Reds because they're the brand I'm most familiar with...

Recently got a job working at a kiosk selling cigarettes and I'm noticing all the different brands - which ones do people go for??

I'm dead curious as I've never been able to taste any difference between any different cigarette brands (only felt that some are stronger than others and a few hurt my throat haha).

Same with tobacco - my flatmate swears by Amber Leaf but her boyfriend will only roll Golden Virginia.

So which brands do you smoke and why?

Sensible chat only please, I am aware that smoking is bad for your health etc and no-one wants a thread full of people posting about the health risks or how we're all disgusting because we smoke...
Doswell93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love smoking lambert and butler or sterling the reason is because I think they have the best taste

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Harvey360
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gold leaf, i prefer rolling my own.
h4mza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My favourite are John Player Gold Leaf but its impossible to find these in shops since they are from Pakistan. So i usually buy Benson & Hedges Gold.
TimHuak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you are disgusting because you smoke

it isnt good for you

enjoy cancer

good luck
RollingDylan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Amber Leaf, it's cheap. I coud go for Gold Leaf, but I can't stand the taste
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Suprised you havent been negged to hell for this thread yet

Personally i have 3 favourite brands i like to alternate between; Lucky Strike - Reds , Dunhill - Reds and Davidoff - Classics although if im feeling especially rich Chancellor - Blacks and George Karelias - Excellence. All excellent cigarettes, very smooth and mellow yet just a wee bit of a kick

As for rolling; American Spirit and gold leaf although AK is pretty good too ... the American Spirit because again excellent flavour and a very pleasant smoke and to a slightly lesser degree same for the AK and Gold Leaf well... its cheap

Personally id say stay away from Malboro Reds they do a numberon your throat if you smoke too many
.Scout.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Marlboro Menthols or Golden Virginia when I'm feeling poor.
Doswell93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TimHuak)
you are disgusting because you smoke

it isnt good for you

enjoy cancer

good luck
Last time I looked it's our choice if we smoke, yeah it's not good for us but neither is alcohol or being overweight and they are just as bad.

Can I just ask have you ever smoked because half the time people who say this to me have never tried it and are just hypocrites. Those people I don't understand why they feel the need to criticise my choices when it is something I enjoy just because it is related to many diseases it has to be shunned by all the folks who don't smoke.

I guess all I am trying to say is it's our choice not yours

TimHuak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doswell93)
Last time I looked it's our choice if we smoke, yeah it's not good for us but neither is alcohol or being overweight and they are just as bad.

Can I just ask have you ever smoked because half the time people who say this to me have never tried it and are just hypocrites. Those people I don't understand why they feel the need to criticise my choices when it is something I enjoy just because it is related to many diseases it has to be shunned by all the folks who don't smoke.

I guess all I am trying to say is it's our choice not yours

Yeah I know it's your choice. You are just like a fat person or alcoholic good for you

enjoy the cancer
Doswell93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TimHuak)
Yeah I know it's your choice. You are just like a fat person or alcoholic good for you

enjoy the cancer
So you criticise my choice on the fact it increases the chances of cancer so must people not be out in the sun as it can cause an increase in the chances of getting skin cancer

Em_Huong
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to smoke only B&H gold or silvers, but then they went up in price (this was yearssss ago) so I went for the brand that were still the same price as what I used to pay for B&Hs, which were Richmond superkings; been smoking them ever since. Although if I have any friends who are going to Hong Kong, I ask them to bring me back a stick of strawberry flavoured ciggs.
Rich_183
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Golden virginia or Dunhill
Rhadamanthus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Embassy or Camel.
h4mza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which super market sell Camels?

navara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I smoke Marlboro Gold original, looks like the best ones so far.

By the way, if anyone interested in cheap malboro gold pm me
NutE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stopped smoking but I used to have b&h silver and sterling menthols

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (191)
61.41%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.86%
No- I want it (86)
27.65%
No- I don't want it (22)
7.07%

Watched Threads

Latest