The Student Room Group

College of Law or BPP for GDL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi there!! Just a question, is it difficult to be admitted at Col for a GDL programme????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Original post by SarahNes
Hi there!! Just a question, is it difficult to be admitted at Col for a GDL programme????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

It depends whether you find writing large cheques difficult.
Reply 62
Hi there,

I am sorry to resuscitate this old thread but I have read and found it really interesting.
If I got it, CoL (now UoL??) is more for a prospective solicitor and BPP for prospective barrister. I just would like to know if something changed regarding at the providers.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,

Gioacchino
Original post by DeeSeeRt
Hi there,

I am sorry to resuscitate this old thread but I have read and found it really interesting.
If I got it, CoL (now UoL??) is more for a prospective solicitor and BPP for prospective barrister. I just would like to know if something changed regarding at the providers.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,

Gioacchino

Clip. Mostuncivilised, Chalks, jjarvis and myself all came at this from different angles but we were all in different ways highly knowledgeable about the position. MostUncivilised was a BPP employee.

However you have latched on to an unsupported comment from one of the other posters.

The vast majority of students at both CoL and BPP are studying to be solicitors. The courses have little to choose between them. They have different styles of examination.

Both CoL and BPP give substantial fee discounts to major firms who are paying for the course and, if there is enough demand will tailor the LPC to the needs of a particular major firm. Whether the Col or BPP attract more major firms at any given time is far more to do with that institution's financial offer to the firms than to any difference in course quality.

There is a perception that CoL:has a better Careers Service but this will vary from location to location.

If you have EU fee status I would also look at the other providers which are usually substantially cheaper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending