The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Theres one or two but it'll have massive restrictions on it i.e may only do test drives in cars under 2 litres etc...
Happy hunting.
Reply 2
If somebody finds a traders policy for somebody young please let me know. I have been looking for ages.
Reply 3
As JC said, it's unlikely that you'd be able to drive anything and everything. For example, after I passed in November last year, our insurance company wanted £1500 extra per year to add me (17 years of age at the time) to the policy for SD&P use. The restriction was that I could only drive vehicles 1.3 litres and under. In the end I just got a separate insurance policy for my car, as we very rarely stock anything under 1.6.

Obviously the price and restrictions vary widely between insurance companies, and it may be cheaper if you are insured for strictly trade use and nothing else.
Reply 4
I just need traders for actually bringing cars home after we have bought them. I will buy a separate policy for own car, unless its cheaper to pay extra for SD&P on traders(getting a 1 litre anyways :P).

So Jo53phs and JC, can i have the names of the company i may be able to get quotes from?
Reply 5
The limit of 1.3 would be a huge problem for me. I have got a 2.5 litre car for starters, and the other vehicles i may drive would be 1.6 and 1.8.
Reply 6
Original post by MrAli786
I just need traders for actually bringing cars home after we have bought them. I will buy a separate policy for own car, unless its cheaper to pay extra for SD&P on traders(getting a 1 litre anyways :P).

So Jo53phs and JC, can i have the names of the company i may be able to get quotes from?

Sorry, but you'll have to do your own leg work like I did when I was your age.
No such thing as a free meal in the motor trade!
Reply 7
You my friend sound like a real **** and probably don't have one
Reply 8
Named driver on my dads traders insurance. I was 21 then and was limited to 1.8 and below for £235 a month. Covered S&D and also allowed for modified cars so I thought it was a pretty good price.
Reply 9
does anybody know any insurers which would add a 19 year old onto the traders policy ?
even if it is with restrictions on the cars I could drive etc.
thanks
Original post by s0118377
does anybody know any insurers which would add a 19 year old onto the traders policy ?
even if it is with restrictions on the cars I could drive etc.
thanks

Make a new post instead of bumping one that's 6 years old and you might stand a better chance.

Latest

Trending

Trending