The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desdemonata
What I meant is that while I may technically be an hourglass and have the measurements, I don't really look like an hourglass. I'm saying that the difference in height, while it doesn't affect my classification, does affect whether or not I actually look like my classification.
Edit: thus making me question whether or not I am actually an hourglass. And if on paper I am and in reality I don't look it, it seems kind of a moot point lol.

I think the problem is that when people think of hourglass shape they think of these women - http://hourglasswomen.net/famous_hourglass_women/f_a.htm. But the way you work out is through the numbers. So while you may not look like you have an hourglass figure, your body measurements show that your are one. Your waist measurement is more than 8 inches smaller than your bust and hip measurement and that your bust and hip measurements are the same which is the criteria for an hourglass figure. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself) I struggled to believe it at first for me, but the numbers don't lie.

Sorry if I seemed patronising, but I thought you were confused by how the website worked out your body shape. :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by YemiSanya90
If I can ask, what numbers were you putting in? It should be able to work out a shape for you and I've never had an issue with it.

:colondollar:

Bust 34
Waist 26
Hips 33

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by YemiSanya90
I think the problem is that when people think of hourglass shape they think of these women - http://hourglasswomen.net/famous_hourglass_women/f_a.htm. But the way you work out is through the numbers. So while you may not look like you have an hourglass figure, your body measurements show that your are one. Your waist measurement is more than 8 inches smaller than your bust and hip measurement and that your bust and hip measurements are the same which is the criteria for an hourglass figure. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself) I struggled to believe it at first for me, but the numbers don't lie.

Sorry if I seemed patronising, but I thought you were confused by how the website worked out your body shape. :smile:

Yep :frown: that's what I was referring to. For me to have the same figure/shape as a Victoria's Secret model I would have to weigh, what, 85 pounds :s-smilie: and nobody really looks at someone five feet tall as being anything other than short. Hourglass is the coveted figure, but in context nowadays that means being hourglass and really tall, which is, as said, pretty impossible for us shorter ladies.

:lol: don't worry about it, my post wasn't as clear as it could have been as it was :smile:
Reply 64
Tbh, these days 'hourglass shape' often means a slim frame but with a butt and big boobs - people don't seem to care about actual hip/waist ratio and shoulder width. Scarlett Johansson is not an hourglass - she's an apple. She clearly gains weight on her upper body - boobs, arms, stomach. She has quite narrow hips and usually slim thighs. People just think she's an hourglass because of her boobs.
Jennifer Lopez is a pear shape.
Candice Swanepoel is an hourglass, but I know some women gets upset by that because they want to 'claim' the hourglass as something belonging to bigger shapes. You can be an hourglass at many sizes, it's about proportions. Many modern 'hourglasses' are also pear shaped women with implants. A "perfect" natural hourglass with slim thighs and a flat stomach and long legs occurs VERY rarely because the beauty ideal is caught somewhere between men's preferences and the gay man's designer ideal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 65
It's possible that famous women cheat with their waist measurements by getting someone to tie a rope around their waist and tighten the hell out of it. Sort of like an insane corset measurement but arguably accurate.
Reply 67
I just measured it because I was bored :teeth:

33-25-34 - I don't even believe my own measurements because I have narrow hips and hardly a bum but big boobs. Hm.
Reply 68
Original post by Silly_Lily
36-25-36. My waist used to be a lot bigger, but I lost a lot of weight when I changed my diet. All my weight seems to go to my arms and thighs though, so swings and roundabouts :dontknow:

What changes did you make? :smile:
Reply 69
So everyone on this thread has curves?

Original post by R4INBOW

Everyone does :lolwut: I think your question should be "So everyone on this thread is curvy?" :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
34-24-34
I'm 5'5 and a size 10
I don't look very small because despite having a small waist, I have a big bum/boobs
Reply 72
Height = 182cm/ whiskers off 6ft tall

Full bust - 42in (bra size varies massively from shop to shop, average a B/C, band size depends on style and make)
Waist - 33in
Hips - 43in
Inside leg - 35in

What my shape/size looks like:
Original post by Abi24
x

Feeling like we should have all posted pics now :colondollar:

You look really nice there by the way :smile: Totally jealous.
Original post by R4INBOW

I'm not curvy. My body type is always classed as 'banana' or 'straight'.

This is a fantastic thread. Reminds me of the dove commercials with the real women in them who don't look starving, nor made by the gods. Lol. Anyway, here goes nothing:

Height: 5'10.5"
Bust: 38 inches
Waist: 28 inches(but working on it)
Hips: 46 inches(I have a backside)

I am a bit curvier than average, and I can't wear certain jean cuts (low-rise) but I'm satisfied.

Reply 76
Bust: 33in
Waist: 23in
Hips: 25in

I've been told i have a models body, but at 5'6 i'm too short! hopefully i'll still grow!
Original post by jcholzz
Bust: 33in
Waist: 23in
Hips: 25in

I've been told i have a models body, but at 5'6 i'm too short! hopefully i'll still grow!

I've got "model measurements" and I'm only 5'1" :lol: I don't understand your complaint :tongue:
Original post by desdemonata
I look pretty curvy, yeah, but I can also look frumpy really easily if I wear the wrong clothes. Along with my wide hips (for my height, anyway) I have what my mother calls my "child-bearing thighs" :lol: But yeah I can't complain really :smile:

weirdly that is turning me on
Original post by kaboon-supreme
weirdly that is turning me on

:sexface:

Latest