The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Reese_whitley
This is a fantastic thread. Reminds me of the dove commercials with the real women in them who don't look starving, nor made by the gods. Lol. Anyway, here goes nothing:

Height: 5'10.5"
Bust: 38 inches
Waist: 28 inches(but working on it)
Hips: 46 inches(I have a backside)

I am a bit curvier than average, and I can't wear certain jean cuts (low-rise) but I'm satisfied.

I've found a fab website too! It's full of pictures of what real women look like, you can also browse through different heights, weights, dress size, body shapes etc. I had to share it with you all.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
Reply 81
33 - 26 - 35ish

height is 163 @@
Original post by bethany18
Apparently I'm an inch smaller than Kim Kardashian on the hips which I highly doubt as she has a huge bum & as far as I'm aware mine is not near that haha

Please don't compare yourself to Kim Kardashian - you're better than that
Reply 83
I'm 5ft 3 also little underweight and hope gain at lest half stone to reach bmi of 18.5 =)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 84
34, 26, 42 - I've got a huge bum! I'm also 5'7
I've found a fab website too! It's full of pictures of what real women look like, you can also browse through different heights, weights, dress size, body shapes etc. I had to share it with you all.

I found a girl who looks pretty much exactly like I do! http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-11507-body-shape.htm#img

My waist is a bit narrower and depending on how far apart her feet are my thighs are either exactly like that or a little bigger. But that's basically my shape! :h:

That's a pretty cool site, though I think it would better to have BWH measurements than the pant/shirt sizes which vary can be inaccurate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Hopple
It's possible that famous women cheat with their waist measurements by getting someone to tie a rope around their waist and tighten the hell out of it. Sort of like an insane corset measurement but arguably accurate.

Or, they could just, lie...
Reply 87
35-29-38 :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by desdemonata
I've got "model measurements" and I'm only 5'1" :lol: I don't understand your complaint :tongue:

My complaint is that I'd love to model, since I have the right shape, but I'm not tall enough. The average height for a model is around 5'9

Thanks for the website,.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jcholzz
My complaint is that I'd love to model, since I have the right shape, but I'm not tall enough. The average height for a model is around 5'9

You can be a print model. You don't necessarily have to be tall to model for say, a catalogue, or ad. Runways do require height, however.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by jcholzz

A girl in my school models and she's only a couple of inches taller than I am :smile: To be a runway model, sure you need to be tall, but there are loads of other types of modeling.
34"-28"-37"
Height is 5'10" (roughly) and I wear size 10 clothes.
Reply 93
34-23/24-34. I'm 5"6 and fit an 8. I'm quite petite-ish with my frame.

Apparently I have a "Rory Gilmore" figure, if we're looking for visual aids.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
37-28-36

I'm 5'7 and size 12 if that helps.
Also you need to be careful where you get these celebrity measurements from, the daily mail have everyone believing that celebrities are either size 0 (___S WEIGHT PLUMMETS!!!) or size 16 (____ PILES ON THE POUNDS) so if I were you, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt

The DM is pretty fond of describing how celebs 'pour their curves' into bikinis too :rolleyes:

Bust 34 inches
Waist 23 inches
Hips 34 inches
Height 5'2"

Size 6-8 usually. But I have a top from somewhere that's a 4 and another from somewhere else that's a 12! So don't freak out about sizes people :smile:

Buying jeans is a nightmare :mad: Ones that fit around the legs are too big at the waist and vice versa. It's like they are never made to cater to hourglass figures! Plus being petite makes it hard as well...anyone else struggle? :frown:

I prefer to measure inches rather than weight personally; I think it means more (let's face it most people want their body to LOOK attractive and the inches are what you see) and the whole 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing doesn't come into play :smile:

x
Original post by piano_penguin

Buying jeans is a nightmare :mad: Ones that fit around the legs are too big at the waist and vice versa. It's like they are never made to cater to hourglass figures! Plus being petite makes it hard as well...anyone else struggle? :frown:

Yes! I've yet to find a pair of jeans that I don't have to roll up at the bottom (that fit around my hips). It's so annoying :frown:
38-28-38, 5 ft 5. I think I carry my weight pretty well, though I'd like to drop a couple of sizes. I feel so big compared to everyone here!

I think celebrity sites tend to get things way off - I've looked up some actresses' weights and seen them listed at around 100lbs and a size 0 when they looked at least a couple of sizes bigger. I think one of them was Katy Perry, whom I KNOW has similar measurements to me (though she's taller)!
Original post by desdemonata
I found a girl who looks pretty much exactly like I do! http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-11507-body-shape.htm#img

Original post by + polarity -

Guessing that's good :tongue:
33-26-33
I'm 5'9". I wouldn't pay too much attention to celebrities measurements, their height is often lied about as well.

Latest