Turn on thread page Beta

GIRLS: some advice if you would be so kind!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you ever used the coil??
    I cannot use the pill, as I have irregular periods. sometimes lastng 4-5 weeks. Same with the patch, which I am using at the minute, just entering week 4 of my period.
    I don't trust condoms any more, after them splitting on me, twice. The female ones really kill the mood.
    The injection has side effects which I won't go into, way to deep for online chatting.
    Spermicides don't work.
    I don't want my tubes tied, cuz I haven't had kids yet.

I am basically left with the coil, but I heard you shouldn't really have that unless you have already had kids. So would appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    there's a new thing bein made for men whereby they get implated with something that lets out hormones which stops sperm production. obviously not very helpful but there you go :P in research

http://www.kget.com/health/medicalbr...5-3FF3D8AA9CDF

ReputationRep:
    I cant take the pill either, but the coil is something that the doctor did suggest to me as an option, but I dont have a boyf at the moment so I havent given it a go. I was told that it isnt something normally considered for younger people except in circs when people cant take the pill so it would be a consideration for you. I would ask your doctor for some advice about it.
    http://www.fpa.org.uk/guide/contracep/iud.htm

The side affects however of the coil are that they can make your periods heavier and longer so it might not be suitable for you.

This maybe might be a better option for you because it has all the benefits of the IUD coil and also lightens your periods
    http://www.fpa.org.uk/guide/contracep/ius.htm

Also ok it isnt the nicest method but have you considered the diaphragm?
    its a bit offputting like the female condom though
    http://www.fpa.org.uk/guide/contracep/diaphra.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    there's a new thing bein made for men whereby they get implated with something that lets out hormones which stops sperm production. obviously not very helpful but there you go :P in research

As long as it is reversible, it could be the answer, thanks I will take a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    As long as it is reversible, it could be the answer, thanks I will take a look.
    i dont think they'll be around for a while. and the uk is always behind in this stuff the female patch thing was around in america for a year before we got it.

ReputationRep:
    No offence to any men but i dont think I'd trust a guy to use a non visible means of contraception. They dont have the same incentive as women to do it of getting pregnant.
    I suppose it would be ok though if you were in a long term relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    No offence to any men but i dont think I'd trust a guy to use a non visible means of contraception. They dont have the same incentive as women to do it of getting pregnant.
    Thats such a good point, most guys would probably just completly ignore their regimen.

ReputationRep:
    child maintenance aint cheap. and regardless, any decent man will be careful.

ReputationRep:
    my fiance` is trust worthy, after I caught last. He is always checking I am using something, and worried if there is any uncertainty of it not working. But I know what you mean, unles you know a bloke really well, you wouldn't trust them to sort it for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    child maintenance aint cheap. and regardless, any decent man will be careful.
    Emphasis on the word decent there.

Men are flippin hard to trace and even when you trace em its difficult to get the money in all circumstances. Its just a personal opinion anyway. If I was a guy thered be no way I'd trust some girl who told me she was on the pill unless we were in a long term relationship. Even then its dodgy I accidentally (and i mean accidentally) took mine late a few times when it was supposed to be taken at the same time every day, I'm sure I'm not the only girl thats ever done that.

ReputationRep:
    Emphasis on the word decent there.

Men are flippin hard to trace and even when you trace em its difficult to get the money in all circumstances. Its just a personal opinion anyway. If I was a guy thered be no way I'd trust some girl who told me she was on the pill unless we were in a long term relationship. Even then its dodgy I accidentally (and i mean accidentally) took mine late a few times when it was supposed to be taken at the same time every day, I'm sure I'm not the only girl thats ever done that.

Your right, I know girls who used to tell blokes they were on the pill, because they hated condoms. SILLY!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nope its condoms all the way for me. I wouldnt have sex without a condom unless I wanted to get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Nope its condoms all the way for me. I wouldnt have sex without a condom unless I wanted to get pregnant.
    wise choice!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who had the injection and from the day they had it went on to have a 3 month period. Not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    My moosus gets the injection and I've never heard her mention side affects. She is weird though.
    loss of libido
    no lubrication leading to all sorts of problems...
    No periods though... very nice!!!!!!!!!!!
    But my bf's sister had it, and her insides started to come away. NOT NICE!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

They only tried this method on something ridiculous like 50 couples though, I'd like to know it had been tried a bit more before I put any faith in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    They only tried this method on something ridiculous like 50 couples though, I'd like to know it had been tried a bit more before I put any faith in it.
    Thats why it isn't available yet. Like the male pill, has been tested for 6 years, but release date is still a long way off.

ReputationRep:
    condoms are the most reliable, if used properly.. however, i suggest you go and speak to your doctor and see what they suggest, or go to a well woman clinic...

ReputationRep:
    condoms aren't the most reliable contraception by a long way, they are just prefered as they are a barrier method; they can help stop infections spreading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    condoms aren't the most reliable contraception by a long way, they are just prefered as they are a barrier method; they can help stop infections spreading.

don't they have one of the highest % protection rates?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.