Turn on thread page Beta

Coursework Methology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi i'm doing my A2 cw and my teacher says its to long but she didn't even read it... how long is it suppose to be?????
    i'm sure she doesn't like me... it would really help if someone could help me...

ReputationRep:
    what subject is this for???

ReputationRep:
    Given the lack of any real info in your post that could help anyone makie any kind of reasoned reply, I reckon anyone would give you back what you have done and say 'do it again'.

ReputationRep:
    its for psychology and so far its a page and a half but she says its to long i'm sure it's not cause i'v refer'd to the text book that says i'm doing it right but according to her i'm not... i'm ll confused and shes a cow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fey)
    its for psychology and so far its a page and a half but she says its to long i'm sure it's not cause i'v refer'd to the text book that says i'm doing it right but according to her i'm not... i'm ll confused and shes a cow..
    How can a page and a half be too much? That sounds like an incredibly small amount for any coursework, leven if you have extremely small handwriting, let alone too big.

How is anyone supposed to know how long your coursework should be, when you haven't even said what it's for? What exam board are you with? What is the title of the coursework? Are you referring to something that makes up a part of the coursework, or is this the entire thing?

ReputationRep:
    it psychology A2 AQA.. METHODOLOGY COMES AFTER THE AIMS AND HYPOTHESIS IS ANYONE DOING THERE PSYCHOLOGY CW... THAT COULD HELP ME...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fey)
    it psychology A2 AQA.. METHODOLOGY COMES AFTER THE AIMS AND HYPOTHESIS IS ANYONE DOING THERE PSYCHOLOGY CW... THAT COULD HELP ME...
    Hi, method doesnt really have to be that long, you need to be as succinct as possible because I believe the word limit for the whole thing (including your introduction and your discussion of results and everything else bar appendices?) is 2000. So you want to spend as little words as possible on the method section, because going on for ages won't gain you any marks.

What have you included for your method? Have you broken it down into subsections like Design, Participants, Apparatus, Procedure. Unless you have a particularly complicated project you'd only need to do about a paragraph (or perhaps 2) for each of these areas.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    Hi, method doesnt really have to be that long, you need to be as succinct as possible because I believe the word limit for the whole thing (including your introduction and your discussion of results and everything else bar appendices?) is 2000. So you want to spend as little words as possible on the method section, because going on for ages won't gain you any marks.

What have you included for your method? Have you broken it down into subsections like Design, Participants, Apparatus, Procedure. Unless you have a particularly complicated project you'd only need to do about a paragraph (or perhaps 2) for each of these areas.

Hope this helps!
    Also, go to your head of department if your teacher is really not helping you with your work. It is his/her job to guide your project and perhaps your head of dept will be able to help you / do something about the situation if it's really bad. Because to me, a teacher who doesn't read your work is probably a bit of a bad one

ReputationRep:
    that helped loads... i just need to break it down a bit...
    lol..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.