tried to dye my hair blonde and it went orange/yellow ginger. what do i do?

Watch
Scisaac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
blonde toner helps to remove the brassiness/orange colour from the blonde. A lot of the toners you buy have to be used multiple times so i'd recommend buying a toning shampoo (Pro-voke do a really good one which does it in one-2 washes - the brightening shampoo. liquid is a deep purple)
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get a hairdresser love
123eve
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Buy a non bleach blond hair dye
Fionamichelle88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is what I used last night and I look absolutely horrendous now!!...😱😱😱😱😱
username3842778
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Stephen857)
i have medium brown hair i want very light natural looking blonde hair. have dyed it twice in two days and it still looks ginger orangey yellow. what do i do?

ive been told use toner. what is this and what does it do. how do i use it.

thanks guys.
A toner has a colouring on the opposite wheel of the spectrum to cancel out unwanted colouring and give you the blonde colour you want.
CompSciEnth
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Stephen857)
i have medium brown hair i want very light natural looking blonde hair. have dyed it twice in two days and it still looks ginger orangey yellow. what do i do?

ive been told use toner. what is this and what does it do. how do i use it.

thanks guys.
Shave it off, you've messed it up LMAO
BerH
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I faced the same issue several months ago, so you are not alone At first, I was shocked and upset. Later I surfed the Internet and found pics of yellow hair combinations https://dpublished.com/most-fashiona...ould-not-miss/. You know, I was surprised how great yellow hair might look. And I decided to give one of the looks a try. I colored the roots in purple (it seemed to be a crazy idea, but I had nothing to lose and was ready for experiments). The result turned out to be awesome! I loved the color. By the way, my friends also liked my new look.
Last edited by BerH; 1 month ago
Chrisjane25
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go to boots or super drug and buy a shampoo called silver shampoo you can get the conditioner to match aswell. You just wash your hair with it as normal and that is ment to tone down the ginger/yellow tones of the hair. It does work but with afew washes ( I would also leave the shampoo in for about 5mins before washing it off) I find that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (46)
13.37%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.03%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.44%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.72%

Watched Threads