Turn on thread page Beta

What underwear do girls wear under short skirts/dresses? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend were out yesterday and she was wearing a light summer dress that came to a few inches above her knees. It was very light and the slightest breeze was enough to threaten to lift it. It blew right up quite alot throughout the day giving plenty of other guys a good eyefull!

She was wearing a pair of short, lacy, see through boyshorts that were quite revealing. She says she never wears big underwear even under short skirts. She says that the don't feel very sexy.

So what do other girls wear under skirts or short dresses? I just didn't like the idea of other guys seeing my girlfriends, essentially, bare bum. I thought girls wore bigger pants if people were likely to see up their skirts to cover up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really wear short skirts unless I'm wearing tights, but my friends wear bicycle shorts under theirs

ReputationRep:
    I always wear pants like that with short dresses, I'd never wear big pants for fear of showing them under the dress. If I wear small see through pants, I just feel sexy and like I know what I'm wearing, and i just think there is less chance of them being shown ?? If you get me :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Shorts underneath but I'm not the kind of girl to wear short dresses/skirts anyway that could easily blow up. Tell your girlfriend that you didn't like what she was wearing and to at least dress more decent.

She loves the attention from other guys.

ReputationRep:
    G-strings

ReputationRep:
    If I'm wearing a shorter dress I'm more likely to wear nice pants just in case.

If people are going to see my pants I'd rather said pants not be granny pants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)
    Shorts underneath but I'm not the kind of girl to wear short dresses/skirts anyway that could easily blow up. Tell your girlfriend that you didn't like what she was wearing and to at least dress more decent.

She loves the attention from other guys.
    Just a tad judgmental maybe?

Also, it's not his job to instruct his girl friend on what she wears. That's for her to decide whether he likes what she wears or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter38)
    Me and my girlfriend were out yesterday and she was wearing a light summer dress that came to a few inches above her knees. It was very light and the slightest breeze was enough to threaten to lift it. It blew right up quite alot throughout the day giving plenty of other guys a good eyefull!

She was wearing a pair of short, lacy, see through boyshorts that were quite revealing. She says she never wears big underwear even under short skirts. She says that the don't feel very sexy.

So what do other girls wear under skirts or short dresses? I just didn't like the idea of other guys seeing my girlfriends, essentially, bare bum. I thought girls wore bigger pants if people were likely to see up their skirts to cover up a bit.
    If i know the dress is short, and it could possibly reveal whats under it, i do make an effort to wear bigger underwear, but also ones that still look nice e.g. those spandexy boy shorts (which my bf actually loves anyway).

But saying that i don't actually think he would be overly concerned if i wore a G-string.... The other week i went out into town with some leggings and G-string on (thinking i could get away with it since it didn't seem that hot!) Well, i was wrong, so i bought a summer dress which was just a normal length (i would say) to change into. It was a breezy day and the dress kept blowing up, we both kew what underwear i was wearing, and we both had a bit of a laugh about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shmiley)
    I always wear pants like that with short dresses, I'd never wear big pants for fear of showing them under the dress. If I wear small see through pants, I just feel sexy and like I know what I'm wearing, and i just think there is less chance of them being shown ?? If you get me :L
    But surely if your skirt was to blow up you'd want to be wearing pants that actually cover you? There may be less chance of your pants being shown if they are really small, but the smaller the pants, the more of your bum people will see. Surely you'd rather people see your pants than your bum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzmegg)
    If i know the dress is short, and it could possibly reveal whats under it, i do make an effort to wear bigger underwear, but also ones that still look nice e.g. those spandexy boy shorts (which my bf actually loves anyway).

But saying that i don't actually think he would be overly concerned if i wore a G-string.... The other week i went out into town with some leggings and G-string on (thinking i could get away with it since it didn't seem that hot!) Well, i was wrong, so i bought a summer dress which was just a normal length (i would say) to change into. It was a breezy day and the dress kept blowing up, we both kew what underwear i was wearing, and we both had a bit of a laugh about it!
    I wish I could see it like your boyfriend does then. I just wasn't comfortable with the fact that everytime her dress blew up, another 10 or so guys saw her bare bum. (yes I am sometimes the jealous type but that's a whole other topic haha!) But like you said, you normally wear bigger pants under your dress/skirt. But my girlfriend doesn't. She always wears small lacy pants, almost verging on lingerie! Which imo should only be shown in the bedroom, not to everyone in the street.

ReputationRep:
    But surely if your skirt was to blow up you'd want to be wearing pants that actually cover you? There may be less chance of your pants being shown if they are really small, but the smaller the pants, the more of your bum people will see. Surely you'd rather people see your pants than your bum?
    In theory, but I'd rather they saw nice pants than big ones haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I would usually wear nice, small knickers too. It's not a case of showing off or wanting people to see your bum. It's just a confidence booster to wear nice underwear and stuff
    As long as this clearly wasn't an intentional thing to tease you or whatever I think it's fine x

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could see it like your boyfriend does then. I just wasn't comfortable with the fact that everytime her dress blew up, another 10 or so guys saw her bare bum. (yes I am sometimes the jealous type but that's a whole other topic haha!) But like you said, you normally wear bigger pants under your dress/skirt. But my girlfriend doesn't. She always wears small lacy pants, almost verging on lingerie! Which imo should only be shown in the bedroom, not to everyone in the street.
    I think every girl just wants to look her best? She will wear what she feels her sexiest in, because then if someone does see her, at least she will be more confident and less embarrassed about wearing huge undies! :L

If it is that much of a problem, just talk to her about it, if she really cares about you and what you think of her, she will try to make more of a collective effort not to do it and make you happy and not upset you. But on the other side try to see it from her point of view a bit more. She doesn't want others to see her (presumably) but if she DID have to, she would rather be wearing something that wont embarrass her, right?

Try to meet in the middle, does she have some girl shorts, or french underwear that aren't see through? But don't tell her to wear them, almost try to make it seem like her idea! when she is getting ready say 'oh babe, why don't you put these on, you look really sexy in them!' (This should work, since you mentioned earlier she says she wants to 'feel sexy'. I know if my bf find me sexy in a certain pair of undies, i do try to make more of an effort to wear them around him... Maybe one of the reason she wears sexy undies when she knows people will probably see them is because she wants attention? If you give it to her, and make her feel sexy, she doesn't need to get it from any where else, and effectively find sexiness from other guys stares!

ReputationRep:
    Huh? Lingerie is just underwear

ReputationRep:
    If I was wearing a skirt that was likely to blow up, then yeah, I'd wear bigger pants. I was wearing a dress the other week that was fairly short and quite likely to blow up, so I put a tighter skirt on underneath so that if it did move up, then the skirt would only be seen. But on the other hand my friend wore a white, and very see through dress with white lacy pants and a bra. Girls just have different tolerances about what they want to show.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the type of dress, if it's a flowy one that's likely to blow up then maybe something like French knickers or really short shorts. If I'm not bothered then it'll be the usual big undies, if it's a tight fitting skirt then seamless underwear.

ReputationRep:
    Always pretty panties!
    Tend to have French knickers for skirts, like the lace ones you mentioned. Or if I need a real confidence boost, thong.
    Theres something very exciting about wearing very little, If anything, under a skirt/dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzmegg)
    we both kew what underwear i was wearing, and we both had a bit of a laugh about it!
    This. exactly. If you both know what your wearing beneath and that others might see it, Id say its generally a turn on! And if it isn't, then you just laugh about it.

ReputationRep:
    I always wear small lacy frenchies. Granny pants are just disgusting, don't even own any.

Think you should get over it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    OP, it happens. I wear floaty summer dresses when the weather is nice and even a slight breeze makes my dress fly up. It's embarrassing and I hate it but that's what happens when you wear summer dresses. I usually wear simple black knickers/ girl shorts.

Name:  esprit-amazoncouk-lingerie-bodywear-womens-shorts.jpg
Views: 17580
Size:  5.3 KB

No one can really say much about them. They are plain and normal. If I wear sexy lingerie under that then when my dress flies up it'll be even more embarrassing for me. The only person I want to see my sexy lingerie is my boyfriend.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.