Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What underwear do girls wear under short skirts/dresses? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wear smallish ones, because I wear a pair of black lycra hotpants over them.

ReputationRep:
    wow... i would never wear revealing underwear with short skirt/dress... if it is every day dress then i wear shorts underneath, if it's a going out dress and i'm going out in the evening i just wear normal knickers, not granny but not anything too risqué!

ReputationRep:
    When I wear a short skirt I just wear my normal underwear, some of which is lacey and unfortunately I have had the experience of it blowing right up in front of a group of guys. I would say it doesnt really matter what underwear you're wearing if this happens and as for you not liking these other guys seeing your girlfriend's underwear maybe you shouldnt let it bother you so much because if you think about it all these guys can think she's sexy but she's with you, if something like this were to ever happen again, just think to yourself " they can think what they want about her, but she's my girl" hope this makes you feel better

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to want to wear pretty knickers under a dress, because as others have said, if it blows up and people see them, at least they are nice! Nice doesn't necessarily mean short/see through though - for example, personally I wouldn't have the guts to wear a G-string under a dress with no tights, but some girls might feel comfortable with it, just like some women (and men!!) wear G-string bikini bottoms on the beach.

If you mean pants like these:

..then yeah, I'd wear them. What is there to be jealous about anyway? It's not as if your girlfriend was deliberately flashing other guys, trying to make you jealous. She can wear what she likes, and if other guys look, so what? Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    just what ever you feel comftable in but its not up to you to decide what she wears!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilabs)
    Always pretty panties!
    Tend to have French knickers for skirts, like the lace ones you mentioned. Or if I need a real confidence boost, thong.
    Theres something very exciting about wearing very little, If anything, under a skirt/dress.
    I always wear knee length skirts, sometimes I wear black stockings held up by a suspender belt with a waist high skin tight control thong, they are always tight and snug up between my bum, I love wearing my knickers like this, i find it very exciting and sexy so wearing a knee length pencil skirt theirs no chance of it blowing up showing my suspenders and my knickers up between my bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilabs)
    Always pretty panties!
    Tend to have French knickers for skirts, like the lace ones you mentioned. Or if I need a real confidence boost, thong.
    Theres something very exciting about wearing very little, If anything, under a skirt/dress.
    I always wear knee length skirts, sometimes I wear black stockings held up by a suspender belt with a waist high skin tight control thong, they are always tight and snug up between my bum, I love wearing my knickers like this, i find it very exciting and sexy so wearing a knee length pencil skirt theirs no chance of it blowing up showing my suspenders and my knickers up between my bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter38)
    Me and my girlfriend were out yesterday and she was wearing a light summer dress that came to a few inches above her knees. It was very light and the slightest breeze was enough to threaten to lift it. It blew right up quite alot throughout the day giving plenty of other guys a good eyefull!

She was wearing a pair of short, lacy, see through boyshorts that were quite revealing. She says she never wears big underwear even under short skirts. She says that the don't feel very sexy.

So what do other girls wear under skirts or short dresses? I just didn't like the idea of other guys seeing my girlfriends, essentially, bare bum. I thought girls wore bigger pants if people were likely to see up their skirts to cover up a bit.
    My usual lace brazilians. They make up most of my underwear drawer so I don't really have much choice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just normal briefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally am with this guy on his views and can see how it would be upsetting / a little annoying.

Thankfully my girlfriend dresses very well and covers up, (It's actually more attractive too me than having a load of flesh on show)

Girls, Surely if you are with your boyfriend, are happy, Why would you want the attention of other males? and in the unlikely event it does happen where the wind blows your skirt up, why would you wish to have sexy knickers / small underwear on?

I'd of thought you'd rather be more concerned about covering yourself up, showing respect for yourself and your boyfriend, rather than trying to build your own ego.

It almost seems a lot of you are saying if i had the choice of covering up, and letting them see nothing, or flashing and feeling sexy i'd rather that despite being in a loving relationship?

I completely understand where the guy is coming from here, but maybe that's because I am a male? Keep your sexy underwear for when your single rather than in a relationship... (My personal opinion)

ReputationRep:
    For me it depends on the short skirt or dress I am wearing and also what lingerie I feel like wearing. I normally wear bodysuits and sometimes knickers. I have all nice knickers though so if I am wearing a skirt then I will tend to wear knickers unless I want to wear a bodysuit which can be worn with a skirt and nothing else.

I still have no idea why some girls will wear shorts or lycra shorts under skirts or dresses as I don't see a problem with if the wind happens to blow up my skirt of dress with flashing knickers. I think that wearing shorts underneath is strange and weird especially if the girl flashes them. But what ever the girl is happy and comfortable wearing is her choice.

ReputationRep:
    I could never date a girl that wore shorts under a short skirt. If you are afraid of someone seeing your gfs skin ask her to wear pants. Seriously, most people wouldn't even notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdlomax)
    I personally am with this guy on his views and can see how it would be upsetting / a little annoying.

Thankfully my girlfriend dresses very well and covers up, (It's actually more attractive too me than having a load of flesh on show)

Girls, Surely if you are with your boyfriend, are happy, Why would you want the attention of other males? and in the unlikely event it does happen where the wind blows your skirt up, why would you wish to have sexy knickers / small underwear on?

I'd of thought you'd rather be more concerned about covering yourself up, showing respect for yourself and your boyfriend, rather than trying to build your own ego.

It almost seems a lot of you are saying if i had the choice of covering up, and letting them see nothing, or flashing and feeling sexy i'd rather that despite being in a loving relationship?

I completely understand where the guy is coming from here, but maybe that's because I am a male? Keep your sexy underwear for when your single rather than in a relationship... (My personal opinion)
    I'm in a relationship and I like to make sure that my boyfriend isn't uncomfortable with what I wear. It's not up to him, but I take his opinion into consideration because I don't care enough about my clothes to say I will wear it regardless of how he feels.
    That being said, if I'm wearing sexy underwear under a skirt or dress, then it will be for two reasons. One is for my boyfriend, and the other is for me. It wouldn't be for the chance of the wind catching the skirt and revealing them to other men. I would wear them because that is what I want to wear and they make me feel confident, or maybe it's comfort, or even I just like them and wanted to wear them that day.
    How is it disrespectful to myself to wear something I like? It's not my fault the wind caught the skirt. It's actually more respectful to myself to wear things that I am happy with and make me feel good about myself. It is disrespectful to dress down to please others, neglecting my own opinions, when my body and choices are not for them.
    Please get over the idea that women are dressing for the attraction of other men. While some might be, it's probably a minor occurrence. Women will wear what they want to wear.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, Im all for women wearing what they want. I understand if women don't to be revealing by wearing short skirts etc but your underwear is something private. So I think you can go all out if you like, nothing wrong wit that.

ReputationRep:
    Just normal knickers. I always wear tights when I'm wearing a skirt or a dress (unless its a maxi) anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apple catchers! :woo:

I started wearing full briefs/biiiig knickers the last couple of years, they are my go to underwear :yep: Unless sexy underwear sets ofc.

I have had my dress blow up a few times when I've been wearing fugly undies though :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    You can wear Jockey White Hip Brief

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A kilt

ReputationRep:
    A loincloth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.