The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futurism
Victoria Pendleton gold medal! :biggrin: :sexface:

I'd like to see it on the floor along with the rest of her clothes :sexface:
Original post by Futurism
Victoria Pendleton gold medal! :biggrin: :sexface:

:woo:

Also, as part Cantonese, I was very pleased to see the Hong Kong cyclist get a bronze medal.
Reply 1362
Original post by lilGem
I already have A*A* in Hebrew/ Japanese

For economics/ history (A2) I'm predicted AB

Human biology AS predicted an A

not sure about general B/C maybe :colone:

so.. basically youre predicted amazing results! :biggrin:
Original post by mahjongmagic
This, so much. I've also learnt "Thank you" for Chinese New Year, 1-20 and "my name is...." so not exactly the best repotia for living in Hong Kong (if I ever went for more than 2 weeks) :lol: :parrot:

:sexface:

Hahaha, it's nice to know that someone feels the same way as me! I've been to India for a month before about 3 years ago and it was so difficult. My mum's side of the family all speak English but I felt bad for making them speak it. You do pick up bits and pieces when you're out there though, so maybe I should just stay there for a few months! :tongue:
Reply 1364
Original post by Pi!
I really want creme brulee.

make one! :biggrin:
and post a pic of it :tongue:
Are they minstrels but without the crispy bit? I always used to bite the shell off, wait for them to dry out and then eat just the chocolate :lol:
Original post by SecretCircus
Hahaha, it's nice to know that someone feels the same way as me! I've been to India for a month before about 3 years ago and it was so difficult. My mum's side of the family all speak English but I felt bad for making them speak it. You do pick up bits and pieces when you're out there though, so maybe I should just stay there for a few months! :tongue:

Not a bad idea, perhaps I should spend some time abroad as part of my degree in Hong Kong...
Reply 1367
Original post by hevlar.kelmet
I'd like to see it on the floor along with the rest of her clothes :sexface:

Jess Ennis is on later too :sexface:
Not a bad idea, perhaps I should spend some time abroad as part of my degree in Hong Kong...

Do it :tongue:
Original post by SecretCircus
Do it :tongue:

I will :sexface:
I will :sexface:

Glad to hear it :sexface:
I think I'm going to need to get myself a bag of counters :sogood:
What student bank accounts are all you guys going for?! I'm thinking Natwest :cool:
Is it possible for uni's to give offers out before 16th August, as they will already have our results?
Reply 1374
Original post by TotalLifeForever
What student bank accounts are all you guys going for?! I'm thinking Natwest :cool:

I already have a Natwest U18 account so I'm just upgrading it to a Student account :tongue:

Means I get a free railcard for 4 years too :biggrin:
Reply 1375
Original post by abbas1994
Is it possible for uni's to give offers out before 16th August, as they will already have our results?

No, universities will update on UCAS on the 16th :smile:
You can check track from 6 am onwards, although UCAS only officially open from 8 onwards.
Original post by wibletg
I already have a Natwest U18 account so I'm just upgrading it to a Student account :tongue:

Means I get a free railcard for 4 years too :biggrin:

Lucky! I really want to make an account now then upgrade it after the 16th for that railcard!

Opened my student account the other day... Went for Co Op cos they've got the best overdraft :smile:
Reply 1378

the Co-op, £1400 overdraft...:woo: you cant beat that.
Its the only bank to offer GUARANTEED £1400 overdraft, the others either have a smaller overdraft, or say something vague like up to £3000 overdraft - which noone really gets in their first year.

that being said its a relatively hard bank account to get if you have no credit history.
Natwest is okay, but they no longer offer the railcard to new customers.
Reply 1379
Original post by thompsonic7
Opened my student account the other day... Went for Co Op cos they've got the best overdraft :smile:

SNAP! :biggrin:

Latest