Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how would you go about ending a long term relationship with a grilfriend. I have had enough of her but don't want to be nasty to her. any ideas.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i knew

ReputationRep:
    sit her down and tell exactly how u feel, no lying. its the best way unfortunatly.

do not do it by text or email! face to face.

ReputationRep:
    just speak to her and explain how you feel- it will not be easy though- but do it as soon as you can if you are certain it is what you want... don't do it unless u r 100% sure...

how long have you been together for?? then i can give u sum more advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    just speak to her and explain how you feel- it will not be easy though- but do it as soon as you can if you are certain it is what you want... don't do it unless u r 100% sure...

how long have you been together for?? then i can give u sum more advice
    ruth the love expert!! hey how ya doin? we shud start our own "love anonymous" phone line! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy2)
    how would you go about ending a long term relationship with a grilfriend. I have had enough of her but don't want to be nasty to her. any ideas.
    whatever you do don't take the cowardly way out - it may be quite awkward for you to tell her face to face, but it might be less painful to her if you tell her in person, a text, email or getting someone else to pass the message whilst being an easy option for you is careless and even more hurtful - Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    whatever you do don't take the cowardly way out - it may be quite awkward for you to tell her face to face, but it might be less painful to her if you tell her in person, a text, email or getting someone else to pass the message whilst being an easy option for you is careless and even more hurtful - Good luck
    its the cowards way, the chickens way, the plain and ugly IDIOTS way! have a nice day. thank u very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    So true...I'm so glad that people these days understand the meaning of love..and gentle break ups

ReputationRep:
    sit down and end it, dont bother stretching it out, face to face but if you dont want to hurt her do it as soon as possible and then you get to paarty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    sit down and end it, dont bother stretching it out, face to face but if you dont want to hurt her do it as soon as possible.

yeah.. i agree, otherwise it'll be harder the longer it goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i no im gona get u lot moanin at me, but i hope i never have to go thru the 'splittin up after a long term reltionship'. it wud kill me inside

ReputationRep:
    lol, not just that but if you no longer care, then dont

ReputationRep:

lol forum babe, oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    lol forum babe, oh dear
    sorry? is there a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i no im gona get u lot moanin at me, but i hope i never have to go thru the 'splittin up after a long term reltionship'. it wud kill me inside

its the pits- my current bf and i split up 4 6weeks and that was pure hell- we got back together tho- but i don't know if i could ever go through that again- i suppose at least now i know that i would eventually come out the other side, and that i can live without him, i just don't want to... you don't know what you've got until its gone... and then you get it back again in my case!!!

ReputationRep:
    you'd get over it...in the end. you have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    its the pits- my current bf and i split up 4 6weeks and that was pure hell- we got back together tho- but i don't know if i could ever go through that again- i suppose at least now i know that i would eventually come out the other side, and that i can live without him, i just don't want to... you don't know what you've got until its gone... and then you get it back again in my case!!!
    sorry if im too private but y did u split up?

ReputationRep:
    you'd get over it...in the end. you have to
    im extremly emotional. somethin like that wud break me, and even if i did get thru it, it wud take a looong looong time!

ReputationRep:
    im extremly emotional. somethin like that wud break me, and even if i did get thru it, it wud take a looong looong time!
    taken me 4 months

ReputationRep:
    taken me 4 months
    probably be four years for me!!! lol

lol... no funny actually *smacks self in face*

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.