The Student Room Group

Favourite Torchwood Character?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HeatherC19
I like Tosh and Owen :biggrin: its a shame they got killed off :frown: they would have made such a cute couple and those death scenes :frown: heartbreaking, although Iantos definitley topped those :frown: I miss the old team, hated Rex in Miracle day, he was so arrogant and awful then decided to throw the old teams deaths back in Jacks face :angry: He kinda grew on me at the end but I wish it was Esther who stayed alive not him... exactly how could he suddenly come back to life :confused: what makes Jack imortal is not in his blood, we learned that he was a fixed point in time and space in Doctor Who... Did the Americans not know that or something..
It should have just stayed in the UK, I get a change is good and I quite like that they moved bits of Doctor Who to America now but the writers did a good job with that
Starz just messed Torchwood up, I almost hope that there won't be another season if this is how its going to end up.

Of course the Americans didnt know that he was a fixed point in time

Only the Doctor and the Daleks can know that I think
Reply 41
Captain Jack was the reason I started watching it so it has to be him

Oswald Danes is probably the worst character on TV I've ever witnessed though, especially his final words :colonhash:
Original post by Cephalus
I actually quite liked Miracle day.

It was nice to see a spectrum beyond just fighting aliens.

And it was quite deep.

I also quite liked the characters and at least the storyline kept you guessing (quite a few plot twists iirc). It did have an 'americanized' feel to it though and I can understand why people may view that as a bad thing. If there is another series, maybe it could be a balance between the old style from the first 2 series and the miracle day style, although I would prefer it if they continued with the 'one storyline throughout the whole series' rather than having a general theme with different bad guys every episode like in series 1 and 2, as I don't think the latter suits Torchwood very well (even though I much prefer series 1 and 2 to coe and md).
Reply 43
Original post by Cephalus
You haven't factored in that sexy welsh accent :biggrin:

Haha
I'm a girl! So I don't really care. That said I love the welsh accent, it is the reason I love Rhys, Andy and Ianto so much!

Original post by CharlieNoir
The main reason I don't like Gwen is because she cheated on Rhys too!
He's so Welsh and adorable :colondollar:

^^
Agree :biggrin:

Rhys is brilliant, he was the best part of Miracle Day.
Gwen Cooper :biggrin:
Ianto definitely. He was awesome in every way.

And season 2 is my fave, then series 1.
Reply 46
Tosh and Ianto were great from the start.Owen grew on me during season 2 and Gwen was definitely interesting in season 1, especially when she was in conflict because of Rhys and Owen.Jack was pretty generic.Mysterious boss that has some special power.Thats not bad, it’s just he was so much better in doctor who

Quick Reply

Latest