Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have two options at the end of year 13 in june.

i can either stay for another year (tag year) to get 2 more AS's so not to leave me with just two AVCE's or i can go on to do a modern apprectaship (bearin in mind i av no specific career ideas...)

LUMPY! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)

i can either stay for another year (tag year) to get 2 more AS's so not to leave me with just two AVCE's or i can go on to do a modern apprectaship (bearin in mind i av no specific career ideas...)

LUMPY! x
    Doing a modern apprenticeship if you're not sure what you want to do could have either a really good outcome or a very bad one. You could either find something that you hadn't really considered before, have a great time doing it and decide to pursue that as a career. On the other hand, you may get stuck doing something you really don't enjoy, spend a lot of time and effort doing it and then not using it at all later in life.

Personally I'd do another year at college/6th form, but I don't really like taking chances so I'm sure more confident people will have different views!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Doing a modern apprenticeship if you're not sure what you want to do could have either a really good outcome or a very bad one. You could either find something that you hadn't really considered before, have a great time doing it and decide to pursue that as a career. On the other hand, you may get stuck doing something you really don't enjoy, spend a lot of time and effort doing it and then not using it at all later in life.

Personally I'd do another year at college/6th form, but I don't really like taking chances so I'm sure more confident people will have different views!
    mmm well to be fair, i am interested in retail and.or children. so if iu can mix them together... i tend to b not very good at academic, i find it hard to put into words what i no, so particlary in exams im not good

ReputationRep:
    id go for the modern apprentice.

if you stay on another year what would you do after it?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    id go for the modern apprentice.

if you stay on another year what would you do after it?

love Katy ***
    yer, i was thinkin that too. a bag of a-levels but what to do with it?

what r u doing at the mo?

ReputationRep:
    yer, i was thinkin that too. a bag of a-levels but what to do with it?

what r u doing at the mo?

im in uni putting off the descision of what i want to do for at least another 2 years...

unless you have anything to do with the extra as' i wouldnt bother...especailly if your not good at exams.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i would go 4 the modern apprentaship if you can find one that interests u- my bro is doing one @ land rover and he is really enjoying it!!

ReputationRep:
    yea today i had a meetin with my H of Y, parents and the vareer advisor. im really thinkin towards MO now... esp after what ickle katy said, its the exams and wot to do after it... grr

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should work in early learning centre

ReputationRep:

LUMPY! x
    do 2 more a levels. its a gr8 laff gettin high all day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    do 2 more a levels. its a gr8 laff gettin high all day!
    Mjg, you should have gone to a boarding school. Getting high is very high on the agenda

I learnt to roll when I was 12. Respect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Mjg, you should have gone to a boarding school. Getting high is very high on the agenda

I learnt to roll when I was 12. Respect!
    nice 1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    nice 1!
    of course you would think that :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.