Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have two options at the end of year 13 in june.

i can either stay for another year (tag year) to get 2 more AS's so not to leave me with just two AVCE's or i can go on to do a modern apprectaship (bearin in mind i av no specific career ideas...)

LUMPY! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)

i can either stay for another year (tag year) to get 2 more AS's so not to leave me with just two AVCE's or i can go on to do a modern apprectaship (bearin in mind i av no specific career ideas...)

LUMPY! x
    Doing a modern apprenticeship if you're not sure what you want to do could have either a really good outcome or a very bad one. You could either find something that you hadn't really considered before, have a great time doing it and decide to pursue that as a career. On the other hand, you may get stuck doing something you really don't enjoy, spend a lot of time and effort doing it and then not using it at all later in life.

Personally I'd do another year at college/6th form, but I don't really like taking chances so I'm sure more confident people will have different views!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Doing a modern apprenticeship if you're not sure what you want to do could have either a really good outcome or a very bad one. You could either find something that you hadn't really considered before, have a great time doing it and decide to pursue that as a career. On the other hand, you may get stuck doing something you really don't enjoy, spend a lot of time and effort doing it and then not using it at all later in life.

Personally I'd do another year at college/6th form, but I don't really like taking chances so I'm sure more confident people will have different views!
    mmm well to be fair, i am interested in retail and.or children. so if iu can mix them together... i tend to b not very good at academic, i find it hard to put into words what i no, so particlary in exams im not good

ReputationRep:
    id go for the modern apprentice.

if you stay on another year what would you do after it?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    id go for the modern apprentice.

if you stay on another year what would you do after it?

love Katy ***
    yer, i was thinkin that too. a bag of a-levels but what to do with it?

what r u doing at the mo?

ReputationRep:
    yer, i was thinkin that too. a bag of a-levels but what to do with it?

what r u doing at the mo?

im in uni putting off the descision of what i want to do for at least another 2 years...

unless you have anything to do with the extra as' i wouldnt bother...especailly if your not good at exams.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i would go 4 the modern apprentaship if you can find one that interests u- my bro is doing one @ land rover and he is really enjoying it!!

ReputationRep:
    yea today i had a meetin with my H of Y, parents and the vareer advisor. im really thinkin towards MO now... esp after what ickle katy said, its the exams and wot to do after it... grr

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should work in early learning centre

ReputationRep:

LUMPY! x
    do 2 more a levels. its a gr8 laff gettin high all day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    do 2 more a levels. its a gr8 laff gettin high all day!
    Mjg, you should have gone to a boarding school. Getting high is very high on the agenda

I learnt to roll when I was 12. Respect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Mjg, you should have gone to a boarding school. Getting high is very high on the agenda

I learnt to roll when I was 12. Respect!
    nice 1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    nice 1!
    of course you would think that :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.