Turn on thread page Beta

Why is the morning after pill so hard to get hold of? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    instead of messing around with condoms and morning after pills, just get her to take birth control lot less hassle.
    Or in other words, edders is trying to say that he's firing blanks therefore it isn't really an issue with him (Joking)

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go "double Dutch" (i.e. condoms and the pill)

ReputationRep:
    instead of messing around with condoms and morning after pills, just get her to take birth control lot less hassle.
    'messing around'?! The pill is no barrier against STDs, and I would hardly say that a man showing some care for contraception is unreasonable. Is there any reason a woman should have to pump her body full of chemicals in order to save the 'hassle' of alternative methods of protection?

I'm with Blissy's 'double dutch' on this one...

(Original post by Tednol)
    I had my gf staying this weekend and due to a combination of reasons which are irrelevent we found ourselves in a position on the Sunday where we needed to get hold of the morning after pill for her. Here is our story:

1st pharmacy said we could have it for £24, which with hindsight we should have paid there and them. However the same pharmacy also said if we waited until that afternoon, we could have it for free after 3 pm. Not much use when my gf needed a 3 pm train.

So off we trecked to the city centre. We tried Super Drug, and they again said we would have the pay the £24. Next came Boots. Boots would have given us the morning after pill free, but the person who did the consultations was off sick.

By now it was late and we needed to head to the station, but my gf was sure she could see the school nurse the next day so we weren't too concerned. However on seeing the nurse today she was told "we don't give the morning after pill to people over the age of 16 because you are responsible for yourself, and anyway we gave one out on Friday and it's not what we are here for."

Apart from not paying to begin with when we had the chance, what did we do wrong? Why is the morning after pill harder to get hold of than class A drugs? Is our story normal?
    its such a common story - you sleep with g/f on saturday night, and then something goes wrong (split condom, stupidity etc) and it's sooo hard to get hold of the pill on a sunday
    In all fairness tho u did get offered it for 24 quid.
    Also if you had any idea how bad 'the morning after pill' is for your girlfriend you'd realise why pharmacists aren't chuffed at dolling it out.
    Its like taking a hormonal sledgehammer to her body
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    iI am suprised one of the pharmacies wouldn't give it to you because the correct person wasn't there- any pharmacist should be able to do it + if they weren't there they legally shouldn't be giving out any prescriptions at all.

mayb thats exactly why they couldnt give it out.

if there wasnt a phamasict there they can not give out prescription only medicine.

the "chemist" bit coiuld still be open but not serving prpoperly.

love katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    her son is pregnant?!
    Her boy is due, she's having a boy.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you cant just 'get' someone to take pills just for your convienience.

ReputationRep:
    i think that you should have discussed contraception b4 even having sex- and what you would do if something went wrong.. i know that me and my bf did... now we both know where we stand and who is doing/taking what!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.