This discussion is closed.
quinnbrakes
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Would you say that oxbridge has a higher than average number of indie kids and musos?
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently there aren't many indie kids in Cambridge, but there are a few here. Probably something to do with the Zodiac and Radiohead. I keep seeing Thom Yorke wandering round Jericho looking completely dazed and on another planet.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lots and lots of musos, particularly at Clare. Not 100% sure what an indie kid is, but I don't think there are many.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
Apparently there aren't many indie kids in Cambridge, but there are a few here. Probably something to do with the Zodiac and Radiohead. I keep seeing Thom Yorke wandering round Jericho looking completely dazed and on another planet.
Excellent.
rts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
are there any musical societies or anything for alternative/indie music? not like NME music or that kind of stuff. actual alternative rock/independent music. specifically at cambridge.
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Any one have the defintion of an indie kid?
deadstar
Report 16 years ago
*bump*
I'm intrigued... :P
rts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its not something that can be defined really. but the bbc should be able to fill you in on the common stereotypes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/teens/lads/life...be/indie.shtml
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rts)
its not something that can be defined really. but the bbc should be able to fill you in on the common stereotypes: http://www.bbc.co.uk/teens/lads/life...be/indie.shtml
ARGH! BBC Teens boards! Keep them away from me! Eeeeeeevil!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rts)
*shudders*
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so that's where tony blair's advice comes from...
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Lots and lots of musos, particularly at Clare. Not 100% sure what an indie kid is, but I don't think there are many.
What is a muso?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ARGH! BBC Teens boards! Keep them away from me! Eeeeeeevil!
do you just hate them cos they banned you for being too old?

MB
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
What is a muso?
Either a music student, or someone who is very musically talented, is in about 10 uni/college orchestras/choirs and talks to other musos about music/NYO/Eton choral courses, non stop.

Some of my friends

(Original post by musicboy)
do you just hate them cos they banned you for being too old?
No, I hate them because the boards have crap formatting, the whole of the Teens site is awful and conforms to every stereotype possible, and the moderation varies between shockingly lax and draconian.
Dystopian
Report 16 years ago
Jesus. I sent them my own format of 'how to be... '

'How to be someone who avoids being branded by idiots'.

Catchphrase - 'Please stop trying to stereotype me. Amateur psychiatrists get very dull.'

Gah. And it's all 'tewibly' tongue in cheek so that they can avoid offending people. I thought Labour was the party of the people, not the party who ostracised the people.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dystopian)
Jesus. I sent them my own format of 'how to be... '

'How to be someone who avoids being branded by idiots'.

Catchphrase - 'Please stop trying to stereotype me. Amateur psychiatrists get very dull.'

Gah. And it's all 'tewibly' tongue in cheek so that they can avoid offending people. I thought Labour was the party of the people, not the party who ostracised the people.
Hehe, and they start to come out of the woodwork now! Can't believe there are so many people who used to go there. Did you ever post on those crap excuses for boards?
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Either a music student, or someone who is very musically talented, is in about 10 uni/college orchestras/choirs and talks to other musos about music/NYO/Eton choral courses, non stop.

Some of my friends
A lot of the musos like helenia described ae prt of this bloody awful clique from the NYO who of course thought they were better than cums1 and set up CUCO. It is apparently full of up-themselves w**kers. Sorry to be so rude.

MB
lucerna
Report 16 years ago
Hmm well I'm fairly indie at times (behold the badges on my bad ) and grades permitting will be going in October...the corn exchange seems to have some good venues occasionally. I noticed Trespassers William played there, and apc at one point.

Thom Yorke wanders around??

Indie Kid: "eclectic" tastes - likes indie music - dresses funny occasionally :P, some of them sadly act superior to anyone else not sharing their "indie" tastes.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
38.3%
Take autumn exams (18)
38.3%
Look for a job (1)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.13%
Take a year out (6)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads