After you get into Oxbridge....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What happens if, by sheer luck, you do well in the interview, only to arrive and simply not be able to cope with the work? Can they get rid of you if they think you're crap and a waste of time after all cos they judged wrongly in the interview? *is slightly concerned*
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think you can be chucked out if you fail first year exams without a good reason (illness etc), but generally once you're there, they do everything they can to keep you there. They won't make you leave just because they don't think you're up to it.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, they will literally bend over backwards to keep you once they've got you. They'll give you a year out if you can't cope (a friend at Jesus is considering degrading) and I don't get the impression that it's particularly common to chuck you out for failing the first year exams either, unless you do really badly. I think it's a threat they hang over your head but most people seem to think it's rare.
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
What happens if, by sheer luck, you do well in the interview, only to arrive and simply not be able to cope with the work? Can they get rid of you if they think you're crap and a waste of time after all cos they judged wrongly in the interview? *is slightly concerned*
Good grief, you are the most paranoid person in the entire world!
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Worry on getting an offer first, never mind later on!
MrKeen
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Yeah take a chill pill- or several!
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*is slightly concerned*
ditto
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
ditto
LOL.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.22%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.79%
Look for a job (16)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.46%
Take a year out (81)
17.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.94%

Watched Threads