difference between 'Business' and 'Management'

Watch this thread
Nilsdejongh
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
on the subject ranking tables, you can either sort by business or management as a subject..

some degrees are called business and some are called management..

any help?
Ecosse_14
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 years ago
They're very similar courses and it completely depends on the university so look at each individual university. Usually management is much more theoretical and you study more of the theory side of HRM, marketing, finance, and there tends to be an emphasis on organisation studies (corporate culture, change, etc) whereas business is maybe a bit more practical and you could do more actual accounting, economics in it aswell as covering areas such as marketing, HRM, finance, etcetc.
django5
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
In my experience of looking at post grad management degrees, the above is not true at all.
They contain finance, HRM and marketing as well.
Ecosse_14
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by django5)
In my experience of looking at post grad management degrees, the above is not true at all.
They contain finance, HRM and marketing as well.
I said they did contain those areas?
I was also referring to UG courses, I'm not familiar with PG courses.
django5
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
I thought you were saying Business = practical Management = theory
No?
Ecosse_14
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by django5)
I thought you were saying Business = practical Management = theory
No?
That's not what you said above.
To an extent. Emphasis on "very similar courses", "depends on the university", "Usually" and "a bit more".
lion007
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
whats UG courses and PG courses
pane123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lion007)
whats UG courses and PG courses
UG course are for ugly girls, PG courses are for pretty girls.

It's actually undergraduate and postgraduate.
NowAndThen
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pane123)
UG course are for ugly girls, PG courses are for pretty girls.

It's actually undergraduate and postgraduate.
Haha ....but you myst be a guy...

UG is for Uptown Girls .....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (12)
17.91%
The paper was reasonable (26)
38.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (20)
29.85%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
13.43%

Watched Threads