ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    hia
    does anyone know anything about libya?
    gathered any conclusion from the news etc
    plz tell me ur thought on it
    thanks
    mittow
    Gaddafi's son is a professional footballer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Gaddafi's son is a professional footballer.

maybe!
    thanks, anything else?

ReputationRep:
    my mate is from there. :|

ReputationRep:
    Its an autocratic dictatorship in North Africa on the Mediterranean coastline. Labelled a 'rogue state' and is (was?) part of the 'axis of evil'. Head of state is Colonel Gaddaffi. Libya partakes in state sponsored terrorism, and is responsible for the Lockerbie bomb, the killing of PC Yvonne Fletcher, and other nasty occurences. The killing of PC Fletcher led to the UK breaking diplomatic relations with Libya.

Recently, Col. Gaddaffi has seen what the Bush administration does to states like Iraq, and has wisely given up his chem/bio/nuclear weapons programme.

Ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    maybe!
    thanks, anything else?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2992494.stm

No, really he is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2992494.stm

No, really he is quite good.
    I thought he was serving a drugs ban?

ReputationRep:
    why do u need the info on libya? coursework or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    why do u need the info on libya? coursework or something?
    Thanks 4 ur repys anything else
    kind of, for a project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Its an autocratic dictatorship in North Africa on the Mediterranean coastline. Labelled a 'rogue state' and is (was?) part of the 'axis of evil'. Head of state is Colonel Gaddaffi. Libya partakes in state sponsored terrorism, and is responsible for the Lockerbie bomb, the killing of PC Yvonne Fletcher, and other nasty occurences. The killing of PC Fletcher led to the UK breaking diplomatic relations with Libya.

Recently, Col. Gaddaffi has seen what the Bush administration does to states like Iraq, and has wisely given up his chem/bio/nuclear weapons programme.

Ok?
    i think u don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    he is not responsible for Lockerbie bomb. the offenders were prosecuted. and btw your info are a lil bit old about 65 years old! the leader al qaddafi decided to destroy and disarm all his nuclear weapons and projects and libya was welcomed back to the international field again by the uk and the usa. libya was under the italian occupation. and it was not with the axis. rebels kept fighting until independence after ww2. it produces lots of oil. and it's mostly desert in the south and coastal in the north. its capital is tripoli. and its name in arabic as pronounced is(al jamaheeriyya al arabiyya al sha'biyyah al deemoqratiyyah allebiyya) and they use libya. it's the longest country name in the world. i hope that was relevent info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desperad0oo7)
    libya was under the italian occupation. and it was not with the axis.
    he meant the axis of evil..
    the phrase our good friend G.W. Bush used to describe "terrorist" states such as Iraq, Iran and North Korea. As far as i know was libya not on the Axis.

ReputationRep:
    It was nearly in the axis, but now as Qaddafi has given up nuclear programs its nearly welcomed as a 'friendly country' :rolleyes: Qaddafi came into power somewhere between 65-68 as the leader of army revolt... I think that there was some sheik in power before.... Quddafis a funny man; at first he played radical Muslim and tried to create some kind of 'United States of Arabia' but other Arabian countries put down his invitation and didnt invite him to Arabian countries' congress (Nasser and others thought Qaddafis lunatic) then he tried to create 'United States of Africa' and started to wear traditional African clothes... But this time nobody thought him serious too Then he started this story with nuclear programs and giving funds to terrorists eg pre-alKaida... Now hes been silent for a few years... All his children are in Western Europe making money... his son is a footballist and his daughter a fashion designer, but Im not sure....
    Thats all I remember

ReputationRep:
    Oh next very relevant info : he always wears big sunglasses :cool: and is disgustingly rich because of oil.
    And few years ago libyan terrorists hijacked an italian plane but were killed by anti-terrorist brigade when they landed to refuel.
    Now Libyans are thinking of opening their borders for tourists.
    I guess thats all

ReputationRep:
    nice info.
    another piece of info, qaddafi's personal guards are all women or if better said "women".he believes that their loyalty is far more than the men's anyway he's a man and knows better. he's kinda wierd. when he went to amman,Jordan to attend the arabic summit he built a tent and staid there all the time.
    i want to add sth here. now if bush said they were the axis of evel would they become the axis of evel?!! i mean bush doesn't know what the hell he's talking about most of the time!!! and end up saying really dum stuff! i recommend a book called bush's mis-speaches and u'll know what am talkin about. anyway if i recalled other info i'll send them.

ReputationRep:
    I would doubt the existence of 'the axis of evil' first of all.
    'The complete bushisms' series is good, too....
    Personally, I like "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." It reminds me of Kusturica's 'Arizona Dream'

ReputationRep:
    Just to clear up some confusion here, Bush did NOT label Libya as part of the "Axis of Evil." The three countries were Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.